Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a NPM

Default Picked up a NPM

Middle of first block, 6-43 Underwood barrel, issued but low miles on the bore. Wood is correct, appears unrefinished. Same for the metal bits, which appear all correct. "Feel" is these parts have been together a long time, maybe even from the beginning. Could use a sling and oiler in nice condition to match.
    Last edited by togor; 12-23-2020 at 12:50.

Blog Entries

TPIWWOP

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    TPIWWOP
    I know, on the list of things to do.

Photographs or it didn't happen. C'mon man... Don't be a teaser...

p.s., what is TPIWWOP?

Steve
    Last edited by SteveC; 12-23-2020 at 12:56. Reason: added question

Blog Entries

This Thread Is Worthless With Out Pics

Last edited by togor; 12-23-2020 at 02:53.

Togor you did very well to catch this one. A very nice summer of 1943 but it needs a good cleaning and lube before you shoot it. From what I can see it's all correct. So how much did you shell out for it if I may ask?

Beautiful carbine! Still looking for one. Merry Christmas! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Togor you did very well to catch this one. A very nice summer of 1943 but it needs a good cleaning and lube before you shoot it. From what I can see it's all correct. So how much did you shell out for it if I may ask?
    It didn't come cheap at $2K even.

This was out of a lot that chuckindenver just picked up and those pics are his. Everyone wants a "$700 shooter" these days, he says, and there weren't any of those in his pile.

He gave me a 3-day inspection so I rolled the dice on getting a carbine that was issued and used but otherwise not messed with and this one appears to fit the bill. Bore is good and generally clean, with a bit of copper in it. I'll clean the bore some but otherwise leave it as-is, including the gunk in the extractor and trigger housing. With so many restored carbines out there I figure there will be a market for those that are not messed with. For example the receiver ring has hardened linseed oil residue on it, blackened with dirt and age, some of which got below the wood line. In my view, better left there.

But first block, 6-43 barrel, correct stamps from what I see, no rework marks anywhere, linseed oil finish that is long cured, no sanding on the stock, I'm glad to own it.

Alas Chuck says the oilers and slings went in a different direction.