Thread: AMMO Production

1. Default AMMO Production

Just saw this, made a few days ago by President of the company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIgvoJKovIg

Interesting viewing. People showing up at the front doors of the plant? Too much misinformation out there, too many buying into it.

this is going to be a cyclical thing and folks best get used to it. If you're smart you'll buy your ammo (and/or reloading supplies) when its plentiful and relatively cheap. I don't see that happening for at least a couple of years and that's just that. I have no sympathy for either the whiners or the hoarders. If you didn't take care of business a year ago, well shame on you.

By the way....our son says dealers are asking $75.00 a box for .38 Special lead round nose in San Antonio. Profiteering isn't going away any time soon either.
    Last edited by Art; 12-21-2020 at 05:52.

4. Default

I just saw that the Texas AG is going after Cheaper than Dirt for over inflating their prices of ammo and guns. Seems there is a law in Texas against doing that. It said they have to give the over charge back to their customers, might be only in state customers, and there maybe fines in addition. There is also a clause in the law when they take advantage with senior citizens. might teach them a lesson....

Quote Originally Posted by holdover View Post
    I just saw that the Texas AG is going after Cheaper than Dirt for over inflating their prices of ammo and guns. Seems there is a law in Texas against doing that. It said they have to give the over charge back to their customers, might be only in state customers, and there maybe fines in addition. There is also a clause in the law when they take advantage with senior citizens. might teach them a lesson....
    In the early 1980s after shameless price gouging on essentials like fuel, ice and water in the wake of Hurricane Alicia, the State of Texas passed a law prohibiting profiteering as the result of a natural disaster, which of course is what we have now. Its a law that has teeth. If Cheaper than Dirt has run afoul of it great, couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch. I suspect Texas decreeing that firearms businesses are essential during the pandemic is the basis for the action.
    Last edited by Art; 12-21-2020 at 08:53.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    In the early 1980s after shameless price gouging on essentials like fuel, ice and water in the wake of Hurricane Alicia, the State of Texas passed a law prohibiting profiteering as the result of a natural disaster, which of course is what we have now. Its a law that has teeth. If Cheaper than Dirt has run afoul of it great, couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch. I suspect Texas decreeing that firearms businesses are essential during the pandemic is the basis for the action.
    when I was in the grocery biz, a hurricane came up thru NC and hit the Raliegh/Cary/Apex area hard,

the company I worked for,Winn Dixie, was doing gangbuster business in Ice, beer, etc,

until a Store Manager decided to go thru and raise all the prices in some commodities by 20+%,

more in some instances, (we could change a price in the system at store level and generate a shelf tag)

that lasted a day,

he was fired and prices changed back the next day

I got my first taste of the ammo shortage when I walked into Cabelas earlier this year to buy powder and found the shelves completely emptied of all types. I looked around at other loading supplies and factory loaded ammo and most items were sold out.

That's a big factory. I've been in an ammo factory. It wasn't anywhere near that big. They even ride bikes inside.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Don't get your info from YouTube either. Anybody with internet access can post anything they want there. How do you know that guy is who he says he is? I can stand in front of a factory.
    I think most if not all manufacturers are closed due to the Covid Panic. Neither Midway nor Graf's have had stock of anything for months.
    "...some commodities by 20+%..." Yep. Food prices here have gone up and up and up. By 100% on some items. 36% plus on others. All while our intrepid Premier said he'd jump on anybody who did that. Mind you, our idiot Primer Minister Trudeau the Younger)AKA Junior) also decided he'd put a "tax"(really just a cash grab that he's going to triple) on carbon pretending to meet the "Paris Agreement of 2016". That alone raised the cost of living.
    Spelling and grammar count!