Default M73B1 shipping box and leather covers

I was going thru some boxes of things that came from an estate that I purchased and came across a WWII M73b1 shipping box and inside was the set of leather covers. Does anyone have and idea of what they might be worth. I will try to post some pictures at another time as my camera seems to have died. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Jeff

Blog Entries

check completed auctions on ebay,

click advanced search , input the info, and click the sold button

About 10 years ago someone auctioned an M73B1 that was still sealed in the original Weaver factory carton. As I recall it was a fairly high sn "3rd block" from the end or near the end of production. I believe the owner was looking for about $3000. But since the carton was still sealed it was something of a "pig in a poke". There were extensive Weaver inspector's marks, names, dates etc on the outside of the package. So in this case at least the scope inside the carton would have matched the box. If all you have at this point is an empty box w/o the scope the value would be mainly as a curiosity. The lens caps are more desirable especially if original. I think you should ask at least a couple of hundred. Good luck!