Default Complete service on my 10 dot M14

Completely broke down my Bula Defense Systems .308 10 dot rifle for service. Scope off, rifle out of chassis and complete disassembly including bolt and trigger group. Recut the chamber to M118 specs using my brandy new M118 carbide pull through finish reamer. Cleaned the gas system and gave the rifle a general full scrubbing , lube and reassembly. This target is the first 10 rnds from the rifle. Cold clean bore and 33 deg outside temp. Ammo is handload 136 gr custom flat base bullets over 45 gr of Varget in DAG berdan cases. POI shifted 1moa up and 1/2 moa right. First two shots are the two low at 5 oclock for an overall 1 moa group. Last 8 rnds are in a 1/2 moa group. Whatta Hobby!

Today XM21 ver1 ser 3.jpg10 dot.jpg

2. Default

Outstanding, wonder how it will do with some rounds thru it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill E View Post
    Outstanding, wonder how it will do with some rounds thru it.
    It has been running .5 to .6 for a couple of years now. This particular barrel only has about 900 - 1000 rnds through it so it's got a good 5000 or more to go. I keep one .308 and one 6.5 Ultra Heavy as spares on the shelf. I think the .5 is pretty outstanding for an M14 type rifle with everything being shot out of a mag with 10 rnds loaded off a bipod and a home made portable shooting bench.