Default Runaway Truck Ramps

Everything you wanted to know.

Many years ago, coming down Lookout Mountain, I saw two rigs in the sand side by side. Another coat of paint and they would've had an accident.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Witnessed a guy going into a complete jack knife on a highway long ago. Icy road and a strong wind. One second the guy was facing North. The next he was facing SW with the trailer still heading North at 100 KPH or so. And of course there was an idiot in a car less than a trailer length right behind him.
    Saw another guy coming onto the busiest highway in North America with a tire on the trailer completely off the rim. Me with no horn or phone. Meant the guy did not do his walk around.
    Then there was the idiot in a Mercedes at 100 KPH or so reading a newspaper in rush hour traffic at a different place on the busiest highway in North America. Oh. That's our highway 401. Runs from Windsor(our side at Detroit), through Toronto to the Quebec border. It's 500,000 people per day in that many vehicles in TO alone.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Driving in a snowstorm about 30 years ago on I-94 in N. Wisconsin, in a 1971 Plymouth Duster (not a great snow car),

every time a semi passes it's a whiteout for a bit, well one ahead of us on a long downslope must have grabbed too much brake,

jackknifed, now it's across both lanes of traffic, sliding down the highway sideways as it simultaneously starts sliding down the embankment.

A car ahead of me hits brakes hard and immediately starts spinning 360s down the road.

My arms got real heavy on the steering wheel as I gauged my rate of closure on the truck, if it would clear my line before I caught up to it.

It did, disappearing into a cloud of snow down the embankment to the right.

We took the next exit and got a motel room.

That's a hell of a story.
    Last edited by dryheat; 12-06-2020 at 09:47.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.