Read in AR that the 6mm ARC by Hornady was approved in June. Looking at the specs it out shoots the 6.5 Grendel and many others, and fits the M16 platform. Be a cheap upgrade of existing M16s.. The ammo issue would be a challenge, but they could sell their stock of 5.56 to the people who bought it, WE THE PEOPLE. Now that is the joke of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
this stuff has come up over and over again for decades. I don't see the M16 family of rifles being replaced in my lifetime or maybe my kids. There are a lot of reasons for that, first is the cost, not just in buying new rifles and squad automatic weapons or converting existing weapons but the obsolescence of billions of rounds of ammunition, second, the troops actually like the M4 system, third, one of the reasons the troops like the M4 system is neither it or its ammunition have the weight penalty of previous weapons firing a heavier round. These guys are loaded down like pack mules, it isn't for nothing they derisively refer to the M16 as "the musket."