Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

You misunderstood Dick. I put it back together as a rifle. Un-altered 92 action in the 8000 serial range. Bought another 96 on a 92 stock/cleaning rod, then another 92 11000 serial range which I took the barrel and front sight off. 96 action was built into a sporter for one of my sons. Sold the 3rd action to Bill and he put it right. It got sold out of his estate as a complete 92 rifle. Bill switched out the barrels for me. I ended up with a very nice 92 rifle.

Well, that makes a lot more sense!! I have NOT ever figured you to be a 'replica' sort of guy. But, when 92's are involved, sometimes some swapping is inevitable.

I may make an O3-A4 clone someday but not Krags. I sold the on Bill helped me put together to take care of bills a few years ago. Was able to replace it a couple years ago on a semi-local(drove 70 miles) auction for $1250. Needed a bolt (had one) bolt sleeve and a cleaning rod. Not gonna sell this one.

4. Default Opinions welcome

5. Default Opinions welcome 2

1892Carb#1574B.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm confused. Just what sort of "opinion" are you looking for?

That appears to be an honest 1892 Carbine, in beautiful condition, presented in the style of Tom Pearce's many contributions to the photograph section of this website.

Was there anything else?

7. Default Model 1892 Carb

Very observant Dick.

Would love to see pictures of Carl Weiss's 92 Carb.

Tom

"Garksu" is Tom Pearce in mufti, or another Tom?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by garksu View Post
    Very observant Dick.

Would love to see pictures of Carl Weiss's 92 Carb.

Tom
    as would I

10. Default

There is data that the two 1892 carbines that were produced at Springfield were disassembled and put back together as rifles. The carbine Tom Pearce owned (and I the chance to buy) showed up at Tulsa years ago as a barreled received in a stock that had been cut for a receiver sight. It took Tom years and two different gunsmiths to get it back together with a recreated rear sight and front band (I think). The serial number was not one of the two reported in SRS. This carbine was sold to the same person who bought the Krag Cadet that Tom owned.
    Would be interested in photos and serial number of the carbine owned by Mr. Weiss. Wayne Gagner of SRS states both the carbine and the Cadet rifle have no documentation and are made up guns. I believe the Cadet was one of the four made up later by Springfield (as was the one given back to the West Point museum by Frank Mallory.