Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drawing a Gun

Default Drawing a Gun

These two videos came to mind a while back so I thought I'd post them together. The first is from the TV series "Justified." The second is the Ft Worth church shooting. In the Ft Worth situation the first man to confront the assailant does not get a clean draw this removed any chance he might have had to survive. The fellow who ends the fight draws clean and very quickly. Something to think about (and practice.)

The only place I could find an unedited version of the shooting right now is from the Ft Worth (Foat Wuth if you're from there) Star Telegram.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpNK5uZSfto

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...238811603.html
    Last edited by Art; 11-13-2020 at 01:48.

2. Default

The winner is usually the first to shoot, the bad guy shot the first church goer simply because he was ready to shoot with the church goer drawing, the element of surprise was on his side, the guy who ended this was good at all he did, attention , draw, aim etc, he also had the luck of the killer being focused on the church goer who was drawing his weapon. If it was the other way around with the two good guys switched it might of turned out differently. It is obvious the guy who shot the killer had practiced his gun control, I believe they said he was a volunteer deputy. Think what would of happened in a typical church that isn't prepared. I am curious, does anyone know how many were armed in that church?

From the time the bad guy presents his shotgun until he shoots his first victim is about four seconds. When I carried a gun for a living the first stage of qualification was at six feet. We were required to draw and fire two shots in three seconds into a silhouette target center mass from under a jacket with service ammunition. This is almost exactly the situation the first good guy was in. Usually everybody got off the two shots with time to spare. When the fellow who eliminated the threat drew he did if from concealment in time shading a second. He was also a deadly shot. This is the result of intensive training.

The first victim was very brave, he was also painfully slow. He seemed to have real trouble clearing his weapon. This was surely because he had trouble accessing it, it hung in his clothes or both.

Most people never practice their draw. A lot can go wrong but its more likely to go south to if you don't practice early and often. Most CCL holders are good guy 1 in this situation and not good guy 2. They simply don't have enough repetitions to get off a smooth draw in practice, much less under pressure.
    Last edited by Art; 11-13-2020 at 07:56.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by holdover View Post
    The winner is usually the first to shoot, the bad guy shot the first church goer simply because he was ready to shoot with the church goer drawing, the element of surprise was on his side, the guy who ended this was good at all he did, attention , draw, aim etc, he also had the luck of the killer being focused on the church goer who was drawing his weapon. If it was the other way around with the two good guys switched it might of turned out differently. It is obvious the guy who shot the killer had practiced his gun control, I believe they said he was a volunteer deputy. Think what would of happened in a typical church that isn't prepared. I am curious, does anyone know how many were armed in that church?
    I have no idea, but I can tell you that here in VA, many churches have armed security, and not the hired mall cop type,

I have sold many a firearm to guys that were part of the official, or unofficial Church security teams,

and they practice

Drawing a gun under the bitea$$ - haira$$ administration.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Smoke View Post
    that would be hate speech,

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    that would be hate speech,
    Guilty as charged.

It is also true speech.

Blog Entries

Guilty as charged.

It is also true speech.

and not inclusive or accepting diversity,

send togor your clothing size so he can get your gulag uniform ready

9. Default

You are expelled from skewl.

Thank you, Art.
    Last edited by barretcreek; 11-14-2020 at 11:20.

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    and not inclusive or accepting diversity,

send togor your clothing size so he can get your gulag uniform ready
    You're right. In the case of the liberal term of diversity which has led to PC, hiring quota's and affirmative action I do NOT support diversity.

In the case of support or equal hearsay of what the left wing clowns spew here on this forum in an attempt to run everyone off I do NOT support diversity.

As far as diversity to those in office who want to destroy America, our freedoms and rights, I do NOT support diversity.

If I go any further you will claim this belongs in the political forum but it all relates directly to guns and this IS a gun forum.

Diversity of anti-gun rights posters that get the red carpet here are destroying this forum. It was recently brought up in another thread but you can't seem to comprehend constructive criticism at all. Your viewpoints have always been "don't dare speak out against the trolls who are trying to undermine the forum". Now you've added "don't dare speak out against the left wing".
    Last edited by Gun Smoke; 11-14-2020 at 11:39.