Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

On-line auction sites are like that. Lotta dealers who think they're going to get rich selling to new shooters/collectors on 'em.
    I suspect that one has been refurbished/rebuilt/refinished.
    E-Bay doesn't want you to be allowed to own any firearm. They actively fund the people who want to take 'em away from you. Last I heard they do not allow any firearms on their site. They have been known to confiscate, as in steal, funds from firearms related sellers too.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Since Dick feels it could be a learning experience it should stay or even be a sticky. Since myself and others can learn from this auction that is a good thing ☺️

Blog Entries

done, and I added a Buyer Beware disclaimer to the title, if that is ok

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    done, and I added a Buyer Beware disclaimer to the title, if that is ok
    Fine with me.

That is fine Lyman, thank you.

I suppose to cap this off, a real M1870 Carbine should be pictured. Here is mine. It is not free of flaws, unfortunately. At some point in time it apparently suffered some damage in the muzzle area, requiring re-crowning and replacement of the front sight, which was done SO crudely as to deny any possibility of attempted fakery. EVERY other feature of the arm, including barrel diameter, is 100% correct. I have hemmed and hawed about "fixing" the sight for almost 40 years - and the main reason I have not is because it WOULD then look fake. Actually the perp in question got it pretty close, but it just screams "new".
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Default

A few more photos showing the ESA cartouche, firing proof, front and rear sight (700 yards) and breech block.Attachment 48381Attachment 48381Attachment 48382Attachment 48383Attachment 48384

I'm drooling!

That is a nice one Kragrifle!!