Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

Thanks!

To continue this old thread, there are two "1870 carbines" presently on GB. The one for $3,650 is real, albeit rather over-cleaned for my tastes - however it IS a chance to own a great rarity for a relatively modest price. The one for $1910 is a real POS, a fact of which I (very tactfully) advised the owner, but he has not altered his description, or pulled the ad.

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    if yall would like I can prune (delete) this thread (prefer not to, since I believe what Mr Hosmer says is true, we can learn from this)
    Yep, that's why so many come to this site and others, is to learn. The numbers that can "teach" are getting fewer and further apart.

The funky one has been, or will be, pulled. Story is that it was a consignment gun and he trusted the guy, but apparently shouldn't have. Was very gracious about the whole thing.
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 10-29-2022 at 10:06. Reason: speling!

That supper duper shinny one has been on G B for quite a while. If not for the stock repair and the cartouche sanded off a pair of sun glasses would take care of the glare

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsr View Post
    That supper duper shinny one has been on G B for quite a while. If not for the stock repair and the cartouche sanded off a pair of sun glasses would take care of the glare
    Not the best looking example, but, it IS real. One could always grease the important parts and hang it (less stock) out in the weather for a couple of years, I suppose.