Default Morgan's Mortuary

Back when caller I.D. first came onboard I had a late friend who used it to good stead. Jim was tired of people calling to sell something or ask for donations so Jim would see the I.D. and answer, "Morgan's Mortuary YOU STAB THEM WE SLAB THEM!, what is the address?" Jim said that he got no one calling again. Sitting at home I got tired of the same and now answer "City Morgue" and then no one is on the line.
    Sam

2. Default

I have learned some profanity in Hindu.

I'm gonna try Sam's ruse!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by retread12345 View Post
    I have learned some profanity in Hindu.
    I had 'Olivia" call me from Apple to tell me my Clound was hacked,

I took the call and asked a guy with a very very thick hindu accent tell me something I could not really understand, so I asked the usual questions,

where am I, and what device was hacked ,
    he knew my name, (caller ID) but not my email, apple ID etc etc

so I was infront of a laptop and googled the phone number, which was for a health dept in Texas,,

they tried me 9 more times in the next 3 hours,

same olivia, from Texas, and Puerto Rico

Fixed it by asking the caller if they've ever heard of the No Call List. A real thing set up by our version of the FCC. Bell Canada hired an "off shore"(I think. East Indian but may not have been Hindu. Refused to let me talk to his supervisor one time.) marketing company that opted to ignore it, years ago. It cost Bell 2 million bucks.
    Yours is here. https://www.donotcall.gov/
    And it's "City Morgue. You stab 'em, we slab 'em." snicker.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Blog Entries

got another call this morning,

Olivia is nothing but consistent,

we have a no call list, but with offshore robo calls, that list is not really all that workable,

today's call was from the same area code and phone prefix I have

The last time I got a call from one of these scumbags I asked the guy if his mother knew what he did for a living. He didn't quite know what to say so I followed up by asking him if his mother knew that his job was calling people in North America, lying to them and trying to steal from them and was she proud of him. For some reason, he hung up on me.

I got a couple of calls from someone messaged me that my S.S. account had been hacked by some one in Texas. I must immediately call some number. If my SS get's hacked SS can fix it.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

9. Default

Forget the clever retorts, just say "can you excuse me a second," & lay the phone down. No way to hurt them worse than wasting their time.

"...with offshore robo calls..." It's the advertiser, usually on shore, that gets fined.
    Spelling and grammar count!