Default Anyone for a swim... 13-foot, 1,000-pound alligator caught

13-foot, 1,000-pound alligator he says 'stalked' him for years

Fisherman Corey Capps caught a massive 13ft-long, 1,008 pound alligator in Blountstown, Florida last month he claimed that the huge reptile stalked him for three years whenever he went fishing saying: 'something was going to give between the two of us'

On October 12 he spotted the gator lying on a bank on the Apalachicola River and the next day he went to the same spot with a friend who has a state-issued gator tag and together they killed and removed the reptile

'He’s the biggest one I’ve ever seen,' Capps said

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ked-years.html

2. Default

When I was 10 or 12, family friend brought back a baby alligator to give to me-unasked. The poor beast didn't live long, and that was fortunate,for it and me. Some reptiles give off a cold, alien vibe. Turtles seemed neutral. Big cats-well, you can feel the danger , when they look at you.

Pythons are a big danger in the southern swamps. Not only to people but also animals. These snakes were introduced by 'pet' owners because they couldn't take care of them.

Blog Entries

that gator will make a lot of boots

That is toward the top end of 'gators. A few years ago my kid's former orthodontist caught a Texas state record alligator, a bit over 14' on a line set in an irrigation canal. Texas regulations require the critter's to be caught on hook and line and dispatched at the point they're landed. A gator that size is worth a lot of money for the hide and meat, though I don't know if 'gator is served in restaurants in Florida. I've eaten it but it's not to my taste. Having one following you around has to be disconcerting to say the very least.

I once had one I figure was about 6' try to eat one of my decoys while I was duck hunting and then he wouldn't leave. Knowing he was around made me a little nervous picking up my decoys at the end of the morning hunt.
    Last edited by Art; 11-04-2020 at 02:25.

I ate fried gator bits in Florida once..It wasn't too bad ...But not something I would order again though..

7. Default

Bunch'a years ago, my cousin moved to Florida for a nursing job. They settled in DeBary & she was thrilled about the big, nearby lakes. She brought her Ski Doo from Michigan and would go out to a lake after work to ride the SkiDoo to unwind. She noticed there were no other boaters or water skiiers, nobody picnicing on he beaches or fishing from the shore - she had the entire lake to herself. When she mentioned to it to colleagues at work she was told that all the home gator-removal guys dumped their gators into this lake, so it was overloaded with gators