Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mask Testing

Default Mask Testing

https://scitechdaily.com/scientific-...cuum-bags-n95/

Apparently those home made masks, especially the ones with multiple layers, offer protection that goes both ways.

Blog Entries

Wearing a mask is beneficial. There is no dispute on those facts.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Interesting study and I garnered some information unknown to self. Thanks to Jon, early in this "mess", I had our daughter purchase N100 respirators for us. I leave mine in my truck so as not to forget it, my wife and daughter do not as both of them find them cumbersome and uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. Communication is also greatly thwarted I have found. As a cancer survivor I try and take as many precautions as possible. Many times I have had people ask me where I got my respirator and I reply that one has to be placed on a waiting list to purchase them as the respirators are in great demand.
    Sam

My wife and I have had many recent visits to our hospital because of injuries and wellness factors. Most of the nurses and a few doctors have said that masks are usually useless in protecting anyone from covid=19 that they only wear them because of hospital requierment. Shopping around town we see many people incorrectly wearing masks, ie: covering only their mouth and leaving nose out or wearing them with only their chin covered.

It's funny watching news reporters on TV "reporting" the news wearing a GAG.

Meanwhile many restaurants are opening but requiring face mask. How do people eat?

Respirators work great. The one I have has screw on canister filters that block dust, chemical fumes or both if you stack them. Plus, you can actually breath though it w/o restrictions.

I wear a mask only because it is a state mandate. Many places of businesses do NOT wear them. If they don't then mine comes off so I can communicate with them. If things continue some people may elect to get a tatoo of a mask. It would be as useful.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ways-or-often/

Blog Entries

lady at the last couple of gunshows I attended was selling mask,
    they basically were made of fishnet, in bright colors,

"...those home made masks..." Depends on the "expert". Up here, they're saying home made cloth masks (a la western movie stage coach/train/bank robbers) do nothing at all. All the plastic face shields don't block anything but your sneezes and coughs.
    No mask will do anything if you're bearded. They don't 'seal' on your face without a beard anyway. That means no protection of any kind from anything. And most of the cheap blue masks are made in China and nearly everything made in China has something wrong with it.
    Most respirators are particulate blockers. A virus isn't a particulate critter.
    "...uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time...." That's exactly what the assorted medicals are saying. There have been photographs of medicals with lines on their faces from masks.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Not to worry gentlemen. Biden,only if elected, has the covid-19 virus problem solved.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ticles-ul.html

Hopefully not behind paywall, explanation of how masks work against spreading Covid. People in hospitals having opinions about the efficacy of homemade masks (of which there is an extremely wide range) is a bit snobbish.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Smoke View Post
    It's funny watching news reporters on TV "reporting" the news wearing a GAG.
    What's not funny is that it's a deliberate political statement by committed left-wingers in most cases, because the camera can easily be used from 6 to 10 ft away, & the mike is on a long pole. But what the reporter is saying isn't the REAL message, the real message is "keep the hysteria boiling," to hurt Trump.