Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Free online tv and movies-EZ but...

Many sites out there, register with just a user name and url address, and start viewing on pc. There are advt spaced thru shows. Can pay to see the free with no advt. Some sites have a free section and a pay per view section.

There is RISK. Some sites are going to infect your pc. Some sites affiliate with criminals. Do a search for SAFE free online....... and find lists of safe sites. Search the sites name with IS IT SAFE.

I got a trojan from one site, supposed to be fairly safe, site would not let me stream a movie either.

Win 10 warned me and locked me up, I pulled the power cord out then plugged in again. Used win defender to do an offline 15 minute scan, and a 3 hour online full scan, and short scans to do flash drives, download section.Authorized corrective action. Unrelated to above site: Found trojans on 2 flash drives and in download section. Obviously, I am not versed in this, so I could get into a lot of trouble. Be prepared. Or stay away.

These 4 sites seem to be very safe for me:

tubitv.com(a good site)
    peacocktv.com
    imbd.com/tv/( mainly pay to view, Periodically drop then add free shows)
    youtube.com(list 100 shows-a few are ok)
    kanopy.com( thru local public libraries) Very hard to use site in finding shows.)

Tell us if you have found a good site that is safe.

Some sites offer a free 30 day trial and have you give up a credit card when you register. One site , I read, occasionally charges your card tho you did not order anything.

I highly recommend: DaVinci's Courthouse (fictional crime also fictional city politics with infighting . One tv season only. Coroner becomes mayor of Vancouver.

Also, DaVinci's Inquest (gritty, real, cop turned Vancouver Coroner. Based on real life of a coroner in Vancouver. Seven or eight seasons.

Find both on :tubitv.com

These movies and tv shows: There is a steaming pile of crap that one has to slog by to find a few average or good shows. Good luck. The sites do not make it easy to know what the movie is about or evaluate the quality.

edit: Your local public library and main branch library have many dvd movies, audio books etc. to check out or place a hold on and check out when they get to your local branch. If you browse the dvd stacks, you see mainly worthless movies. They do produce it, but you don't have to watch it.

edit: 10 24 20 : Read that British cop shows lack the guns and fury of USA shows,so have more plot and character development. Few guns because the Brits are disarmed.

A very blunt,brusque, humorless , 45 year old gunsmith told me that he did not watch television because he had better things to do with his time. Words of wisdom.
    Last edited by SUPERX-M1; 10-24-2020 at 03:43.

Blog Entries

Pluto TV is a safe site to watch various shows on,

the menu is horrid, and finding a show can be difficult,

I watch video's and reference clips on youtube on a daily basis and could watch some movies if I wanted to. I've never had any problems.

On a side note I know $100 is $100 but we subscribe to Direct TV for just over that per month, and get HD satellite for 3 rooms + the "genie" DRV where shows can be recorded and FF though comercials (that shouldn't exist on pay TV but do).

At our age TV has a preference over other things many would spend $ for. Being able to record shows 2 weeks in advance is really convenient especially when what you want to view comes on at 3am.

You can get basic cable or satellite for less. We use to have all the extra stuff like HBO, Cinemax, and so forth but quickly found that HBO is very liberal biased and all the movie networks show the SOS over and over so we droped everything and ended up with basic + the HD network pack + the HD receivers + the genie DVR.

I wouldn't go into so much detail but like mentioned, at our age TV is a big thing for us. Direct TV is reliable except for when it rains---you won't get ANYTHING at all. The picture is always great clarity otherwise. My only complaint is the customer service---it sucks and now sucks worse now that AT&T owns it but still I would recommend it. We've had Direct for nearly 30 years now and wouldn't go to anything else.

I know your original thread is about free TV and that's great but personally I find the cost of subscriber TV worth it over watching limited "old" movies that you may have seen many times before.

Blog Entries

wife and I will likely cut the cable after the holidays,

most of what I watch is available streamed,

I need to take the time to look at the cost of everything we would use, vs what we are paying now, and see which route to go,

probably just do basic inet only, drop all the cable tv,,

know your original thread is about free TV and that's great but personally I find the cost of subscriber TV worth it over watching limited "old" movies that you may have seen many times before.
    Same here, 3 TVs Genie, DVR. I watch some NCAA football and I enjoy instant replay capability..

John in SC
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

I use Netflix it is not much i think we pay $10.00 dollars a month for many movies hey $10.00 dollars is only coffee and lunch these days
    Last edited by lyman; 10-23-2020 at 07:30.

I've got directv and most of what is offered only a moron would watch. They do have a lot of movies but I hate commercials during movies. Some of their historical and nature based stuff is good but extremely repetitious. Same programming showed repeatedly. One tires of seeing even good programs a couple of times a week. Turner classic movies is pretty good every once in a while but most of what they show is stuff from the 20's and 30's which to me is a waste of film. When I get tired of watching crap I get my dvd's out.

Pluto recently changed it’s format. It’s still usable but Lyman is right. I used to watch a lot of TV series I missed when they were live. Now they can’t be found.

Classix is a treasure. Old black and white movies and TV shows. Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, and A lot of movies including John Wayne’s and other stars.

Then there is my favorite Grit. They broadcast old western classics in prime time and old western Tv shows, Wells Fargo and others.
    Last edited by RED; 10-23-2020 at 05:04.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bdm View Post
    I use Netflix it is not much i think we pay $10.00 dollars a month for many movies hey $10.00 dollars is only coffee and lunch these days
    hee hee hee,

just found out I can edit posts,,,, (I did not edit bdm's)

wife and I watch a lot of shows on Netflix,

some of their original content is excellent, and they have a great selection of UK TV shows

I like some of the British stuff, just not the humor. I didn't get it when I was the age where you were supposed to get it. If I get an idea to watch a movie I purchase it for $3.49 on Amazon. It expires in thirty days. I don't watch a lot of movies.
    Last edited by dryheat; 10-23-2020 at 09:55.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.