Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

You are right, I wouldn't sell the site but I would gift it to the right person or group. For me, it has never been about money, and I VERY much appreciate the donations that have let me keep it alive. It has always been about keeping the Major's site and memory alive. I truly don't have the time or expertise to make it great like Dick did. Furthermore, though I am in good health, I am 73 and if I drop dead, no one will have the access or knowledge to keep the site running. All food for thought.

Pat

Yikes! That's my old address. I forgot to update it. It's fixed now. Both addresses are still in my PayPal account, I checked and both still work. (Whew! That was really dumb of me!)

Sent my pledge via PAYPAL hour ago. First time sending money. It was pretty simple. Hope I did it right. Give me a squak if I failed..
    John in SC
    Last edited by JOHN COOK; 10-21-2020 at 04:54.
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Blog Entries

set up a trust, of sorts,

as in , if you get hit by that train (movie quote**) and become a grease spot on the L&M.. someone will have , from a trust, will, etc, the tools to access, and possibly a note as to what to do with it,

surely there is someone of like mind you can trust to leave it too, or instruct your heirs what to do if there is not,

*** paraphrased from O Brother Where Art Thou,

Or co-own it now so if an untimely event happens (splat) the "changing of the guards" would be bumperless?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN COOK View Post
    Someone who exchanges post with the xxxxxxx needs to advise them to get off there butt and kick in. I have then on ignore and have NO desire to communicate with them..

John in SC
    No need John , you just might find some of the "xxxxxxx" kicked in long before you did and for more than your measly $25 ... go ahead and ask her .

Get your facts together before you make your accusations .... ignore that.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN COOK View Post
    Sent my pledge via PAYPAL hour ago. First time sending money. It was pretty simple. Hope I did it right. Give me a squak if I failed..
    John in SC
    I use PP every wk, but they (owned by Ebay) aren't in business for their health--somebody PAYS for the privilege, either sender or receiver. If possible I'd prefer sending a check, but on ebay purchases, that isn't possible, because ebay collects both for the sale & for payment by PP. Rigged system? You bet!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SysAd View Post
    Patricia Hampton
    Woa! Just sent a check made out to Jouster/Pat Culver! Hope you can cash it! If not, I'll send another.
    Last edited by clintonhater; 10-22-2020 at 05:55.

Nop, the bank wouldn't take it. I was going to send it back tomorrow.

Pat - I just saw this today, will get a check out to you snail mail NLT tomorrow. Thanks!

Steve