Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRW M-14

Default TRW M-14

My wife took a couple of photos for our kids this morning on my 72nd birthday. Thought it my be nice to share with my friends here too.

Rifle is the 1st Sgt, a TRW receiver and small parts in NM configuration with Kreiger heavy ss 1-10 barrel bedded in a USMC mac stock. Forgive the position, it's been many years since I have been able to use the left arm for this.

TRW 5.jpgTRW 2.jpgTRW 4.jpg

Blog Entries

happy Birthday!!

Thanks, it is appreciated.

Regards on the day.
    Did the ATF not decide a TRW receiver is an MG? They were running around confiscating rifles built on milsurp receivers and just receiver several years ago. No legislation enacted by elected representatives involved, of course.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    Regards on the day.
    Did the ATF not decide a TRW receiver is an MG? They were running around confiscating rifles built on milsurp receivers and just receiver several years ago. No legislation enacted by elected representatives involved, of course.
    Mine are papered so there are no problems.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Mine are papered so there are no problems.
    yours are heels, correct? as in the TRW heel from a demilled receiver welded to a JRA or Bula receiver (and papered to say ok by the ATF)?

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    yours are heels, correct? as in the TRW heel from a demilled receiver welded to a JRA or Bula receiver (and papered to say ok by the ATF)?
    Yes, some in my collection are. This one happens to be one that was made as a semi auto by TRW and had the disconnect notch welded and finished to make it legal.

A late Happy Birthday there nf1e. Good to see a face attached this time around. Have admired photos of your work over the years. Continued success on your builds. Don't think there are any better out there.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMOhio View Post
    A late Happy Birthday there nf1e. Good to see a face attached this time around. Have admired photos of your work over the years. Continued success on your builds. Don't think there are any better out there.
    Thanks. I do enjoy the hobby. There may be some " better " out there, but I haven't seen any more accurate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Yes, some in my collection are. This one happens to be one that was made as a semi auto by TRW and had the disconnect notch welded and finished to make it legal.
    that is a nice piece of history to have