Default M9 bayonet question

I got this bayonet at a very low price because I assumed it was a cheap knock off. So, was I right? Can't figure out for who made it. 20200921_085727.jpg20200921_085747.jpg20200923_082747.jpg20200923_082736.jpg
    "In God We Trust"

Can’t read the inscription. Is handle plastic?

John in SC
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Handle seems to be plastic. The writing on one side says 12602 and the other side reads MK001678
    "In God We Trust"

About 10 years ago, I believe it was, Bill Porter identified these as China-made copies.

All so far have the 12602 number, but the alpha numeric serial numbers vary. MK etc. followed by six digits.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Try this site.

https://m9bayonet.com/
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Hecklerusp45, for curiosity's sake I looked up old prices from years ago. They averaged $39 back then. So, if you paid the same or slightly more in today's market then you didn't get ripped off. These make for a fairly decent temporary placeholder or display piece.

Reminds me of the time I bought my first M9. Gun show dealer had one of his tables filled with various reproduction items. I asked how much and he shot me a price. I paid it.
    Wasn't my fault he mixed a NOS LanCay in with his 'BudK' copies.

Thanks to both of you for the replies. I don't think I got ripped off. A guy at the club had several bayonets he did not want. I paid $80. For that I got one brand new Glock knife, the M9 above, a Savage made N0.4 Mk1 with scabbard, and a brit model 1907 bayonet for the No. 1 with scabbard, and an M7 bayonet made by Imperial with scabbard.
    Thanks again for the help.
    "In God We Trust"

Aw heck, you got that M9 copy for free along with at least one or two others. Not a bad bargain at all.
    Average selling price for a well used bog standard 1907 w scabbard can fetch $80 on a good day.

They're back in black.
    Just saw a BudK catalog with the bayonet featured on the cover. This time with a blackened blade with the MK "serial number" highlighted in white. Had to open it up to see the current price. $29.99
    $10 price drop....did the Chinese find a cheaper steel?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    About 10 years ago, I believe it was, Bill Porter identified these as China-made copies.

All so far have the 12602 number, but the alpha numeric serial numbers vary. MK etc. followed by six digits.
    well, if that is a cage code, it is Howard Industries,

but it does not show they made bayonets