Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Man shoots his stuff off at the grocery store, runner-up for the Darwin Award

The guy was carrying and he took his piece out to show it off ...was stuffing it back into his waistband I guess and accidentally shot himself. The paper says he got "Gruesome wound" out of the deal. My own thought is if you are accident prone don't carry a semi-auto.

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2020...-cops-say.html

jn
    Last edited by jon_norstog; 09-21-2020 at 08:52.

That's going to leave a mark.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

that'll teach him to go around half cocked.
    Last edited by free1954; 09-22-2020 at 02:20. Reason: senility

But he saved $55!

https://oregonchl.org

I have no idea what the medical and legal costs will be, not to mention the loss of income. That and his voice might be several octaves higher? All over spilled nuts at the checkout counter.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

-not to mention the loss of income.-

That depends on the reviews. ba da tush.

This is the second,maybe third story I've heard like this. I'm sure there are a ton more. But these involve flesh. Quick draw McGraw shoots his dick off, shoots a hole in the car, kitchen, bedroom, ect. I've done it. Everyone I know that shoots including shooting instructors have done it. None of my circle has lost any flesh. The classic is: rack the slide. The round flies out. remove the clip. The fire the pistol in some, hopefully, safe direction. No, point it at your friend "for a joke". It a magic trick: how can an empty gun kill you? No such thing as magic. Never point a gun(even if it's empty) at anything you don't want to be shot. Now doesn't that make sense? Two year olds waving toy guns around in the house makes me a little flinchy. The guy pulled a gun out of his ass in a grocery store to show it to his friend who may have been a nitwit as well. Then he tried to stuff it back into his waistband and shot himself. That just never happens at the stores I shop at. I'd have noticed.
    Last edited by dryheat; 09-22-2020 at 04:18.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

6. Default

Accidental discharge of firearm is illegal in various ways and in different jurisdictions and often leads to prosecution.

Why some like the Israeli carry (reasons against it tho), da/sa pistols, hammer style, and do not like the Glock type (lots of A D ) I am afraid of sa pistols with only one manual safety, and esp the Glock types (the trigger and no safety). The argument is that all you need is proper training.

THe 1911 has a manual thumb safety and a manual grip safety which is depressed automatically by web and palm of hand. I and most everyone gives the 1911 a thumbs-up.
    Last edited by SUPERX-M1; 09-22-2020 at 04:00.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERX-M1 View Post
    Accidental discharge of firearm is illegal in various ways and in different jurisdictions and often leads to prosecution.

Why some like the Israeli carry (reasons against it tho), da/sa pistols, hammer style, and do not like the Glock type (lots of A D ) I am afraid of sa pistols with only one manual safety, and esp the Glock types (the trigger and no safety). The argument is that all you need is proper training.
    I carry an M1911 and make my own holsters. I make mine with a leather "cam" or button sewn on the back of the holster which engages the safety lock. I test these holsters by taking a cocked but UNlocked (and empty, of course) gun and shoving it into the holster. When I pull it out, it's locked -- forced into the safe position by the "cam."

Quote Originally Posted by free1954 View Post
    that'll teach him to go around half cocked.
    Or maybe half of a cock.

"..."Gruesome wound"..." I"d bet it doesn't any more. snicker.
    "...Accidental discharge of firearm is illegal..." Where? Just curious. That's like saying being stupid is illegal.
    There's no such thing as an "accidental discharge". It's operator failure.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by Sako View Post
    Or maybe half of a cock.
    Perhaps people won't call him "d**khead" any more.