Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Wow! Pretty obvious when you compare the two side by side! Thanks Parashooter!

2. Default

As was pointed out to me by Bill Burrows in 2000, there was something of an industry in adding well-made grasping grooves to A3 stocks.

To wit: In 2000 the first '03 that I bought was a Remington, with a GG stock. The stock had FJA and Ordnance markings. The milling of the grooves was tapered and really well inlet. Nice sharp edges. The A3 handguard ring had been puttied in to hide it.

Once I knew this was an altered stock, the rifle moved to another piece of wood. The GG stock was eventually traded off with disclosure. The truth is, only nuts like us would ever grasp (=) the distinction(s).

Cheers-Pete Davis

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDavis View Post
    As was pointed out to me by Bill Burrows in 2000, there was something of an industry in adding well-made grasping grooves to A3 stocks.

To wit: In 2000 the first '03 that I bought was a Remington, with a GG stock. The stock had FJA and Ordnance markings. The milling of the grooves was tapered and really well inlet. Nice sharp edges. The A3 handguard ring had been puttied in to hide it.

Once I knew this was an altered stock, the rifle moved to another piece of wood. The GG stock was eventually traded off with disclosure. The truth is, only nuts like us would ever grasp (=) the distinction(s).

Cheers-Pete Davis
    Good one Pete! Thanks.