Question Reproduction Rear Sight Assembly

There is a vendor who sells reproduction M1/M14 rear sight assemblies for around $50 on eBay and via their Web site. Seems too good to be true? Made in China? I know nothing about these, good or bad. Are they cast, or not hardened, or? Any information would be appreciated.

There are plenty of USGI sights available. Any repros I have seen would just not hold up. Sure would be nice to find something in that price range that was decent. I will be watching this thread for other's input.

3. Default

Have plenty USGI rear sight assemblies in stock MBGarand@rushmore.com

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    There are plenty of USGI sights available. Any repros I have seen would just not hold up. Sure would be nice to find something in that price range that was decent. I will be watching this thread for other's input.
    That is one concern, if the teeth on the elevation knob are soft, the reproduction sights would be of limited utility. I'd rather avoid buying a reproduction without being able to make an informed decision.

Prices have never been lower on USGI parts. No reason to buy reproduction when you can have the real deal for a few dollars more

E-Bay wants to take your firearms away from you.
    $50 for the whole sight means it could have been made anywhere. Cast parts aren't necessarily evil, but there are M-14 sight parts that cannot be cast. Lotta springy type parts.
    M-14 sight parts are usually sold separately too. A sight base alone runs $50 from Fulton.
    Spelling and grammar count!

$50 for a sight base is ridiculous, you can get a nice complete USGI Garand sight for not alot more than that. I have complete mint Garand sights with some NOS parts for $80
    Last edited by Orlando; 10-03-2020 at 10:49.

"...is ridiculous..." Agreed. Fulton is like that though.
    There are lots of high quality newly made M1/M14 Rifle parts available. Have been for yeas and years. "Repro" doesn't always mean "Made in China". Bought parts eons ago(like 40 some years ago) from some guy in Texas that work just fine.
    Last edited by Sunray; 10-07-2020 at 10:50.
    Spelling and grammar count!

I appreciate the late replies. I eventually bought a USGI rear sight assembly from Numrich with some other stuff. I was very pleased with what I got.