Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    Using a shotgun in combat is a war crime according to the Hague Convention of 1907. It was signed by the U.S. of A. after W.W. II. The Hague Convention is about the rules of Land Warfare. One of which bans the use of weapons that cause unnecessary suffering. Shotguns do that. Read the Hague Regulations, Art. 23, sub-para. (e).
    Vietnam does not count as a 'war', even though the participants would correctly, heartily disagree. It was not sanctioned by anybody. Including the U.S Congress.
    "...when we invade Quebec..." Other than it's been tried several times, last one during Madison's War, known as the War of 1812, having Quebec would cause ya'll no end of problems. You're welcome to 'em though. Wouldn't advise invading through the Lake Champlain corridor and absolutely not through Ontario.
    Give it a rest. Shotguns have been used in war since 1917.
    They are still in inventory as COMBAT WEAPONS.

2. Default

Shotguns in and of themselves are not prohibited under the Hague Convention. However, there are prohibitions on the kinds of ammo that can be used in shotguns against enemy combatants. I don't believe shotgun slugs can be used, but 00 buck is not prohibited.

"...Shotguns have been used in war since 1917..." And? You need to do some research that doesn't involve Wikipedia. Go here.
    https://uscbs.org/1899---1907-hague-conventions.html
    Spelling and grammar count!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    "...Shotguns have been used in war since 1917..." And? You need to do some research that doesn't involve Wikipedia. Go here.
    https://uscbs.org/1899---1907-hague-conventions.html
    You need to worry about Canada. Leave the combat shotguns to us.

5. Default

From what information I have they were made for Embassy Guards

Blog Entries

let's not get into a 'who's is bigger' match over shotguns,

fact is US has had them in inventory for a long while,
    Riot
    Trench
    AA training,
    door breeching
    MP's/security

and I am likely forgetting some use,

as far as London Bridge, yep, they started in the early 80's as a small shop working mil contracts and gunshows,

knew a few of the guys that worked there back in the day, good group of folks

Quote Originally Posted by harold View Post
    Are these military? If not, what do you think the pouches were used for?
    We used these pouches when I went to USMC Security Force Battalion Schools. The School was located at the time on Camp Pendleton, Va. at Virginia Beach Va. This was for classroom study. We shot some handgun (M1911A1's) at NS Dam Neck, Va. I can not remember the name, but there was a training area on the Va./N.C. line that we used for shotgun training and other things. We used the pouches during shotgun training We learned a Combat Shotgun Course there that was three training days and we shot up over 350 rounds of 00Buck and slug. The training days were about 12 hours long. We were using Mossberg 500 shotguns.
    Last edited by usmc69; 02-25-2021 at 01:05.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

Marines in the sandbox with USGI Mossberg M500 series riot guns.

Regards,
    Charlie