Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I once owned Two Krag rifles that had both been issued to the 26th U.S. Volunteer Infantry in July of 1899 and were listed by SRS as having been shipped together (in photo copies of the original hand written list) as having been in the same 20 rifle crate.
    172986 and 171117.
    Last edited by Fred; 09-12-2020 at 06:59.

Yes, they are. I'm astounded by the increase in price. My vol. 1 is in tatters from 40 years of personal use and looking up numbers for others. I'm going to have to have it rebound. It also used TINY print; Frank must have really been working on a shoestring. I do not believe that any of them exist in modern format. I'd reproduce them if not for the copyright. Maybe I'll talk to Wayne Gagner. At least the first volume; the latter three volumes were better printed and also better bound.
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 09-12-2020 at 09:42.

One more thing as Dick knows there are actually FIVE books. 1-4 the book 4 1995 ,then book 4 1999. I have no idea as to why it was not called book 5??

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Trevor View Post
    One more thing as Dick knows there are actually FIVE books. 1-4 the book 4 1995 ,then book 4 1999. I have no idea as to why it was not called book 5??
    Yeah, I'd forgotten that. I have the first version and recall being told that it really wasn't that much different. There was also a CD, which MAY have had some more info, but the chance of finding one is very low. An owner (I'm not) could burn a copy of course, but then there's that copyright thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    Yeah, I'd forgotten that. I have the first version and recall being told that it really wasn't that much different. There was also a CD, which MAY have had some more info, but the chance of finding one is very low. An owner (I'm not) could burn a copy of course, but then there's that copyright thing again.
    Or I guess you could just buy a copy on a thumb drive!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Springfield....c100290.m3507
    The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms....

Wow! Now that's a big savings 45govt.
    Thanks Dick, I tried to get them at a lower price but Ken is firm on the price.

Ken is ALWAYS "firm" on his (VERY HIGH) prices. I have tried a number of times, to make reasonable offers, even offering in part trade items that he specializes in selling but have been rebuffed on every occasion. I've simply given up - am no longer a buyer anyhow (except for an 1875 OM at a yard sale!) and there are NO bargains to be had on his site.

He is apparently in it now just for the fun of it, and is clearly comfortable in the position whereby his customers can either buy it at his price or pound sand.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 45govt View Post
    Or I guess you could just buy a copy on a thumb drive!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Springfield....c100290.m3507
    I got mine on ebay its a great thumb drive with the 4 original books and alot more info. I dont think the link above works but you can search for it on ebay its 65$
    Last edited by Discus420; 09-13-2020 at 06:03.

Ordered it yesterday. I figured at 65.00 I can print it out rather than 650.00 pre printed Would be nice to have an original set but I just can't bring myself to spend that on a set of books even though one day they may be valued higher. Who knows, maybe I'll hit the lottery?? Yeah like that will ever happen LOL!!!!

" I dont think the link above works but you can search for it on ebay its 65$"

Looks like it worked for Carlsr, did you click the link?
    The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms....