Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like new

Default Looks like new

Beautiful rifle. No idea on originality, etc. But, someone will enjoy it. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

3. Default

Sweet rifle. The only thing that looks out of place to me is the shiny filed spot on the thumb latch. I would have expected it to be finished as nicely as the rest of the gun

If you are talking about the rounded outside edge that may just be a reflection from the camera flash. Or if you mean the part of the latch under the hammer that may just be wear from the hammer????
    Either way it is now out of my reach to even matter 😁

I'll say one thing, the guy's got balls to offer such a treasure without a reserve! He is obligated to sell it, now that bidding has commenced - I'd hate to think that someone may take it for $12,000 or so when worse-looking guns are being pimped at $30,000 to $40,000. We'll just have to wait and see.

Dick,
    Shouldn't the hammer screw be engraved? (Or is this something that was dropped on the Type 3's?)

Type III had a plain screw unlike the 1877 officers rifle, page # 59 in Dick's book.

- - - Updated - - -

It is now at about 9,000.00 which is far from others I've seen with prices you mentioned.

92442494.jpgIt is only the earliest guns which are engraved with the finer lines, and broader coverage, such as the hammer screw and end of thumbblatch shaft. The Type 3 is considerably coarser. That is still a gorgeous example, though.

5 hours left to bid, now at 19,000.00. Get your bid in now before it's too late 😂😂

Over $32,000 with 14 minutes to go!
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender!