Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Help finding some repair parts

I need some parts for two rifles, one is a No.4 Mk 1* made by Savage. The previous owner wanted to adjust the point of impact, so he added metal to the front sight. He also ground the front sight thinner. I would like to put an original Savage front sight back on. So.... where can I find them and do they come in different heights? The mag that came in the rifle is in excellent condition, just like the rifle, but does not have the Savage S mark on it. Where can I get a Savage mag? I also have a 1903A3 made by Remington. The front sight blade received the same treatment as the Savage. Where should I look for a replacement and do they come in different heights? The 1903A3 is also missing its forward sling swivel. The band and screw is there, but the swivel is gone. Again, where should I look for a replacement? Again, I am needing:
    1. Savage No. 4 Mk1* front sight
    2. Savage mag.
    3. Remington 1903a3 front sight blade
    4. Remington 1903a3 forward swivel.

Any help will be appreciated
    "In God We Trust"

Yes, the sights are different sizes and should be numbered. All the sights will fit onto the No4, the SMLE, the Pattern 14, the Bren gun etc etc but the numbers will be off. There are two different styles for the No4 depending on the sight base.One requires a solid base while the other requires a split base. Your Savage should have a solid base without the locking screw.
    Look atop the base of the blade and you should find a number represented in thousandths of an inch. For instance 0.35 or -0.15 etc. Try Liberty Tree for parts.

Keep in mind the rifle has had a service life so some parts may no longer match. IIT might still be correct aside from the buggered sight blade.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Default No 4 sight

Thanks for the reply. I am attaching a photo. Can you read it? Is that a .030 or 0.30?20200907_084848.jpg
    "In God We Trust"

Check on ebay
    Last edited by Merc; 09-07-2020 at 02:56.

My typo. Sorry about that.

Your sight probably reads .030. Thinking 0.000 but knowing they only used 3 digits I used 0.00 when I replied.

Thanks for all the replies, they are helpful. What does the .030 mean? Is it the height of the sight in inches or what?
    "In God We Trust"

All Savage magazines will have the rifle’s serial number stamped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecklerusp45 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies, they are helpful. What does the .030 mean? Is it the height of the sight in inches or what?
    Its the height of the blade base above the dovetail in inch scale.