1. Default Jouster archives accessible only to mid and late 2017

2nd Amendment: 199 pages to 9 27 17

Gun Talk: 65 pages to 6 28 17

Read them while you still can.

Blog Entries

wayback machine will get some posts farther back,

and sometimes you can get way back if you follow a person's thread contributions, (click the user name, view previous posts)

3. Default

Does the system purge posts at some point for some reason, or was there an event such as hacking that caused deletion.

IIRC, cmp or this site had a system collapse that dropped all old posts, including Lanes tips etc

Blog Entries

dunno,

I was looking for a post I made and could not get that far back,
    however when researching something else, I was able to go back much farther by clicking a posters name, and clicking view previous posts,

not sure how the filters are set to purge stuff here,

Blog Entries

Depends on the forum...some, I have read, go back as far as 2013. Copy and paste to .doc if you want to keep. Nuth'n on 2nd is wortn keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    Depends on the forum...some, I have read, go back as far as 2013. Copy and paste to .doc if you want to keep. Nuth'n on 2nd is wortn keeping.
    Unfortunately, you are correct about the latter. There was a time when decently intelligent discourse occurred there. The Major and Ms. Gloria kept a good rein on matters, "back then".
    Sincerely, Tommy

"...Does the system..." Jouster has been online for a very, very long time and there is limited space on a server. There was a change of "management" too. Not that I speak for said site manager.
    Try the Jouster Tales .pdf.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    "...Does the system..." Jouster has been online for a very, very long time and there is limited space on a server. There was a change of "management" too. Not that I speak for said site manager.
    Try the Jouster Tales .pdf.
    Here is the link I found. It's a bit of a shame this has never been published. I'm not sure of how broad the readership may be, but it'd be interesting to many.
    I had about 300 pages of Major Culver's tales printed out (with his permission) some many years ago. I am considering printing and binding these, for prosperity's sake.

http://www.jouster2.com/JousterTales.pdf

Tommy

Blog Entries

"Jouster Tales" and "Camel Tales" are available along with the "Pipsquek Rifle That Never Was" in the forum home page header.

Archives are at the bottom right of the home page.
    Last edited by PWC; 09-09-2020 at 09:32.