Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

I had the laser surgery on my right eye on 11/10 and will have the left eye done on 11/23. Huge difference in my ability to see. After about 15 eye drops (don’t know what they were but I suppose they were dilation and anesthesia meds), I actually had 2 laser procedures. The 1st procedure uses a laser knife to chop up the old lens into small pieces. The 2nd procedure uses a different laser to make the precise incision at the exact area and at the exact depth in the cornea. The surgeon then uses a device to remove the old lens fragments and he installed the implant. Total time from start to finish is probably less than 5 minutes.

Edit: I had no post surgery pain or even mild discomfort. Semi-normal vision returned in about 24 hours after all the eye drops wore off and continued to improve over the next few days, especially my ability to see details and to read. The Dr. says it will continue to improve for about a month. I was given Prolensa drops which is an anti-inflammatory agent to use once a day.
    Last edited by Merc; 11-21-2020 at 03:13.