Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default And it continues!

Started my weight loss about 4 weeks ago and great success! Have dropped 4 inches from my waist and two pants sizes, along with decreasing my shirt size. All I have done is eliminate fried foods, majority of fats and oils. Went to grilling, air "frying" and steaming. Increased flavor with the use of fresh herbs from my greenhouse, sea salt and just walking away. I might reach my goal of losing 80 lbs quicker then my expectation of one year.
    Now to the downside, it looks like I will most likely have to take my leather pistol rigs back to my leathersmith for readjusting.
    Sam

Good job, Sam. Keep it up!

If you need another hole, just use a drill.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    If you need another hole, just use a drill.
    I bought inexpensive set of leather punches from Harbor Freight-sharp tipped hollow steel tubes. Used on belts, leather straps. Maybe 6 in set. Back the belt with wood, hit punch w hammer or block of wood as hammer. Clean holes.

Think I have seen a plier type- has a rotating set of prongs.

That said, I do not know what the leather crafters use , to punch holes.

HF also had hearing protectors- muff type. Bought yellow 10 dollar pair at least 6 years ago, work fine. Don't buy the cheapest tho.

I have heard that almost all weight loss attempts fail due to putting the weight back on that was lost. Our bodies fight us on this issue. Perpetual vigilance and determination is needed.
    Last edited by SUPERX-M1; 08-21-2020 at 12:55.

As many of us know losing weight is hard but keeping it off is much harder.

A diet has to be forever, not just till the weight is gone because once we go back to eating as before it comes back quickly.

Since you have had health problems and grow some of your vegs you may be more determined then the rest of us to eat healthier.

Congratulations.

Lost 45lb in just over a year. Just cut back 0n portions, eliminated fried foods & soda. Congrats on the weight loss, Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by kj47 View Post
    Lost 45lb in just over a year. Just cut back 0n portions, eliminated fried foods & soda. Congrats on the weight loss, Sam.
    Soda is not my issue, can drink Coke [very, very cold!], tea/coffee with sugar. I went to smaller plates, more of our vegetables and meat as a flavor. Get hungry grab a fruit popsicle that my daughter keeps for her Mom and I. Have a banana each day for some vitamins as well. Breakfast is two poached eggs from our own flock, cup of Earl Grey Tea with a dab of 1% milk and one piece of dry toast, sometime with Marmalade. Lunch is a plain steamed potato, glass of Coke on the rocks and a thin slice of deli turkey or beef. Dinner is grilled meats of some kind, rice or noodles and mashed potatoes with gravy.
    Sam

8. Default

Either get rid of your old pants or have them taken in as an incentive to keep the weight off. And an exercise routine.
    Leatherworkers use a hand held punch with a rotating head with different size punches.

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Soda is not my issue, can drink Coke [very, very cold!], tea/coffee with sugar. I went to smaller plates, more of our vegetables and meat as a flavor. Get hungry grab a fruit popsicle that my daughter keeps for her Mom and I. Have a banana each day for some vitamins as well. Breakfast is two poached eggs from our own flock, cup of Earl Grey Tea with a dab of 1% milk and one piece of dry toast, sometime with Marmalade. Lunch is a plain steamed potato, glass of Coke on the rocks and a thin slice of deli turkey or beef. Dinner is grilled meats of some kind, rice or noodles and mashed potatoes with gravy.
    Sam
    Glad you are getting some carbs. I tried the Atkins diet once (near zero carbs) and lost about 25# in a few weeks but had no, I mean no energy. You have to have some carbs.

As my wife and I age we realize we can't eat as we once did especially as we slow down. Giving up sugar was one thing we did. In the past the only alternatives were sacarin (cancer causing?) and aspertaine (caused headaches and other side effects). Now there is Splenda (made from cane sugar) and stevia ( a natural plant). Both have zero calories. Neither fully take the place of cane sugar but they aren't bad either.

Try Coca-Cola "Life" in the green can (or bottle with the green cap). It is sweetened with a mix of cane sugar + stevia and taste a lot like the old traditional Cokes before they switched to corn syrup.

My 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by Gun Smoke; 08-22-2020 at 06:51.

10. Default

Corn syrup is fructose. Supposed to be very bad for health. Almost all baked goods sold use fructose because is cheap.