Default National postal meter question.....help please

I am supposed to look at a NPM carbine tomorrow. I know it is a Arlington Ordenance marked rifle, but what markings should I look for on the barrel, bolt, stock, etc. All info appreciated.
    "In God We Trust"

It really won't matter as being an import its been rebuilt at least once maybe even more. Barrel wise it is time dependent. During their production, NPM used barrels from Buffalo arms, IBM, Marlin and a few from Rock-Ola. The vast majority of barrels, about 162,000+, were made by Underwood. NPM used the government free barrel program and did not made their own barrels. As to the rest of the parts they can be from any of the manufactures changed during a rebuild.

Imports can sometimes have a decent part or two. I've gotten them with high wood stocks or Rockola parts with a little value.

"...Ordenance..." Ordnance.
    Arlington Ordnance was the successor to Blue Sky Imports. Most U.S. Carbines imported from South Korea late 1980's to early 1990's. Other than their import stamp(of varying quality of legibility), it should have NPM markings. Mind you, NPM made only 4 of the parts. That included the receiver, but not the barrels. Supposedly they had the best walnut stocks too.
    Go here and have fun. http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/
    Spelling and grammar count!