Default SRS check please

I have Remington 03-A3 barreled receiver 3411746 any information would be helpful. The serial number is stamped low on the receiver so it will not be covered by the scope base.

Nothing on your serial number.

Do you have an 03-A3 or 03-A4 receiver? The stampings were moved on the 03-A4 receivers so that the scope base would not cover them. The 03-A4 receivers continued to be marked 1903-A3, but as noted the markings are located different.

Hey Johnny, I found my CMP papers on the barreled receiver and it came from the CMP auction 10 years ago as a 1903-A4 although it is marked as a 1903-a3. It is drilled and tapped and the serial number as well as the manufactures name are positioned not to be covered by the scope mount. I also found Canfields book and he stated Remington marked a number of new 1903-a4s as 1903-a3s and if a gun didn't pass the tests as an a4 it could be put into service as an a3 and not scrapped.
    I had forgotten about the barreled receiver and couldn't remember how I acquired it but that has all been figured out now.
    Thx

ALL 03A4s are marked 03A3, but marked lower on the receiver AND in a different, smaller font.

You will occasionally find an 03-A4 with the A3 over stamped to make it A4, but this was not authorized. Apparently a rebuild facility took it upon themselves to make this correction.