Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Ned, is this going to be the 'New Look' or will we get back to the old format? Thanks All for your hard work!

Ned,

Not doing well here - the small page saying only moderator can log in now is still active. Next I googled KCA, and found a way, I thought, to log in, with a new password, which I did but was then told I had to "register", fine, again with the same new password, but did that, but received a "that name in use" error. Apparently it doesn't like my email either (not going to change that!) but I guess I need to change my "name" AND my password! Could you please advise the proper path to follow? Thanks!! Confused in Colusa CA.

FWIW - I was 'logged-on' the KCA this afternoon, almost finished with typing a post. Suddenly things headed 'south'.

When I pressed 'post', a prompt came up, that "I had to be logged-on". My work disappeared.

Now, I can no longer 'log-on'. A prompt states my pass-word is in error.

4. Default

Sorry gents I have passed this along.

Similar problem for me. Went whacko late this afternoon after initial success.

Parashooter, Dick Hosmer, and 'gents': I finally got on the KCA Forum late last night and have been able to post typing and pictures.

I went to the new KCA site and just entered my 'screen name' to start "Log In", but, then selected the "I forgot my password" route. The KCA site asked for my email address, which I entered.

I quickly received a response, via email, on my email page. I followed instructions which allowed me to enter and confirm a new password.

I went back to the KCA site and was able to "Log In", using my screen name and New Password. Life's Good!
    Last edited by butlersrangers; 09-05-2020 at 10:19.

Didn't try to tell you your screen name was already used?

Dick Hosmer: I didn't need to alter my 'screen name', just a new password.

I don't pretend to understand voodoo magic.

I guess the new 'permanent' setup needed something different than what was recognized by the temporary/transitional/interim/jury-rigged/patched together/adhoc thingy.
    Last edited by butlersrangers; 09-05-2020 at 03:33.

9. Default

I just registered, & SURPRISE, SURPRISE, I wasn't told that the password I wished to use was "unsafe," or otherwise unacceptable, as usually happens on other sites. Don't you love FAHs telling you "what's good for you"?

FAH is a new one to me?