Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Default

And we will when ready, life has been uncommonly chaotic these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Butts View Post
    And we will when ready, life has been uncommonly chaotic these days!
    Ned, take as long as you need - and don't neglect your families. We can be patient.

With the temporary set-up and things being tweaked, it is best if we treat the KCA site as 'read only' and not post or start threads at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by butlersrangers View Post
    With the temporary set-up and things being tweaked, it is best if we treat the KCA site as 'read only' and not post or start threads at this time.
    Chuck, how are you getting in? It recognizes me just fine, but won't allow log-in - "only admin - in maintenance mode"

I used this link, Dick. http://www.kragcollectorsassociation.com/index.php

To log in there, I had to reset my password. My understanding from Ned's posts is that this is a developmental version of the site and users shouldn't add anything yet.

Thanks Parashooter - but you know, after a little thought, I think I'm just going to let it wait until they are finished.

From the movie - "The Agony and the Ecstasy", concerning painting the ceiling of The Sistine Chapel:

Pope Julius II - When will it be done?

Michelangelo - When I'm finished!

Dick, are you 'holding out' OK in California? Heart surgery, Covid19, no KCA, Massive Fires & Murder Hornets ... Oh My!
    Last edited by butlersrangers; 08-24-2020 at 10:42.

Doing just fine, thank you. Have completely recovered from the heart surgery - back to normal. I am still building my strength and endurance. Lost 65 pounds and have kept them off. Was just tested negative for COVID, KCA will come, fires are not really close though our air is smoky, and nary a hornet on the radar. And, since being discharged have written another book, this one on prewar American Flyer trains - expect to finish proofing and get it "live" on Amazon next week at the latest.

A question - since I'm going to be severely thinning my collection, and since color printing has come WAY down, I'm considering a soft-cover "coffee-table" book, all in color, of my entire collection before it is dispersed. MANY pictures, VERY little text. Think such would have any public appeal? Others please feel free to chime in, please. I already have a lot of the pictures since everything in my books was shot in color anyhow.

Cheers - hang in there!

9. Default

Sounds interesting to me!!!!

10. Default

Hi Dick
    Sounds interesting. Maybe you could walk us through the project. Still trying to get started on the Lee Navy book, but stuck in not knowing where to start.