Default Anybody ever changed mag springs on a Mauser HSC?

Mine are getting poor from being kept loaded. I have some new Wolf ones but I could not figure out how to get the floorplates Off. There is no detent to depress. These are the factory mags. Sorry I put this on gun talk but there is no general semiautomatic pistol forum...
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 07-14-2020 at 02:16.

If the base does not come off, try tipping follower. It may come apart like the welded Colt 1911 magazine. I have seen several different ways attach a floor plate including a notch for the spring to lock the floor plate and others that required prying the rear edge to clear. Photos of the magazine would help.

If the floor plate is like this one, just depress the leg of the spring out of the way.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1274610
    Last edited by gwp; 07-14-2020 at 09:26.

3. Default

On another board a shooter said his HSc fired out of battery using S&B ammunition, the extractor and spring took off for parts unknown. I hope yours is better behaved.

Digging on the internet I found Some directions, it seems a wire can be found on the left side of the magazine at the floor plate - it’s the end of the mag spring and pressing it in allows the floor plate to be slipped off. At least those are the instructions I have not tried it yet.
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 07-29-2020 at 09:04.