Thread: Mystery Mauser 98 type rifle

Hybrid View

Ye Olde Hunter! Man I bought a few guns from them when I was a kid. Back when you could mail-order any weapon that wasn't regulated under the 1934 Act. I still haVE A Mexican 7mm rolling block I got from that vendor.

jn

Quote Originally Posted by jon_norstog View Post
    Ye Olde Hunter! Man I bought a few guns from them when I was a kid. Back when you could mail-order any weapon that wasn't regulated under the 1934 Act. I still haVE A Mexican 7mm rolling block I got from that vendor.

jn
    They advertised a lot in the American Rifleman magazine, sold a lot of stuff cheap back then.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

Quote Originally Posted by BudT View Post
    They advertised a lot in the American Rifleman magazine, sold a lot of stuff cheap back then.
    I still regret not buying one of the surplus Finn Army 20 mm single shot anti-tank guns they were selling. They sold the ammo too, a couple dollars a round. Someone took one of those to a range we used to use as kids, we weren't there when it happened but everyone was talking about it for a couple weeks afterward.

jn

John, if you are talking about the Lahti anti tank gun in 20mm, that was a semi auto magazine fed beast. And as a teen I wanted one sooooo bad after seeing one at a local gun shop.

I eventually settled for a Boy(e)s anti tank rifle in .50 BMG

Last edited by Hal O'Peridol; 10-23-2021 at 10:34.
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!