Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post
    Remember the fun doesn't start until after you pull the trigger. Especially in the roadless areas.
    Tell me about it! I've got a heavy-duty bicycle I can load up and push out, but you can't take one into a wilderness area. I guess it's gonna be the old hump it out if I score. Groan!

jn

Congratulations, and best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kj47 View Post
    Good luck hunting with that krag (thats what I hunt with, love that action.
    This is the one I use. It is a cut-down I had rebarreled by Roy Bedeaux in Albuquerque. He had a pre-64 Model 70 barrel in 30-06 that cut down and rethreaded to 22 1/2" in 30-40. It is very accurate, long as you don't try to use 220 gr. RN. 180s are just fine. Not sure how that Gewehr 98 got in there but I can't get it out.

krag_d..jpgkrag_a..jpgkrag_c..jpg

jn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jon_norstog; 07-04-2020 at 02:37.

Don't forget to post "Surf & Turf" pictures. Those are fine looking rifles. Is the Gew 98 yours too??

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    Don't forget to post "Surf & Turf" pictures. Those are fine looking rifles. Is the Gew 98 yours too??
    Yeah, it was a 1918-dated DWM, part of a Turkish contract, might have been made after the surrender but before the Versailles Treaty took effect. It was a rush job, machine tool marks all over the metal and a very rough stock. I did molest it imainly finishing the stock. Once the barrel gets hot it will put every bullet inside 1" at 100 yards shooting fast as I can.

jn