1. Default 1942 03 what is this? Is this correct???

New to the grouo thanks for having me!
    Heres the deal. Safe find. Collector died i ended up with this. Paperwork says it was purchased in 57. Barel is marked 1-42 receiver was made in 42. Blue bolt. For all purpose this looks like an unfired gun and thats my isue. There seems to be remnants of cosmolien still on the ladder sight and on breach. It flakes off with a fingernail. The well has one light scratch from opening the bolt. The breach looks pristine. My usue is the stock has no stamping at all on it not even a proof stamp. The breach is parked. Im not an expert on the o3. I do know this rifle was built a month before they switched to full 03a3 production. No stamped parts all milled. Ny second isue is the barel. Its not a 2 groove? The lands are sharp clean and shiny but the groves look like unfinished metal. Were these barels polished or is this correct? Cmp has no record of this rife. Remington 03 30000 upp ss number. Any help apreciated the relatives dont belive its been out of the safe or protective wraper since he bought it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your rifle appears arsenal overhauled and refinished, and perhaps re-assembled with a few mixed parts. Your sparse pictures, however, leave much to the imagination.

Stay safe!

J.B.

Pictures of the right and left sides showing the full length of the rifle. Serial number will also help.
    "Three people can keep a secret as long as two of them are dead" Mark Twain

The 03A3 bolt has the Remington “R” stamped on the side.