Default New to me RIA 1903 shooter grade.

I already have a few Sprongfield 1903s and 03A3s, never had seen too many RIA rifles for sale, or could not afford one.

Stopped in at a local pawn shop a couple weeks ago and there was a sported 03 in the rack. Well, for 400 dollars the pros outweighed the cons, so it came home with me. Will make a goos shooter. Barrel is excellent, a late WWII replacement. I believe the stock is salvageable. Not sure what I'm gonna do with the scope base, but have a couple ideas in mind.

action.jpg

bbl r side.jpg

butt l side.jpg

left side.jpg

number.jpg
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!

And the last one. What do you guys think?

g and h.jpg

It appears that someone converted it into a hunting rifle long before it was considered a valuable and collectible military relic. Still, for the money, I’d say you did ok. Since you own several M1903s, are you at all tempted to leave it as is and have some fun at the range with that old scope?

Looks like a great 03 w/ a excellent mount. Scope? If it's not what you want, there are lots of choices for replacement. Check the bedding, etc. Then, grab some good ammo and head for the range! Pictures? Range report? sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

I'm pretty sure that I am going to memove the mount, plug the holes and get it looking as original as possible. I realize that it won't ever be a true collectible, but it should make a great shooter with the like new barrel and C stock.

The mods to the stock look mostly reversible, we shall see.

I have a reproduction M1C mount, going to see if the upper part can be swapped in. What this really does is complete my "low rent" collection of the 03 family.

Considering what else is out there, at 400 dollars, a pretty good buy for a nice shooter.

Any range reports will have to wait until the 4th.
    Last edited by Hal O'Peridol; 06-24-2020 at 04:46.

6. Default

The only RIA I have ever seen at a gun shop was a Bannerman frankenrifle. It was on consignment and the price was border line. Now, I wish I had bought it just for the action.