Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Robert E Lee

The Army base are next as Ft. Bragg is now Hillary Center, Ft. Hood becomes Obama Central...you get the picture. Can you imagine pink vehicles to show the world what America is now? Trained to not offend anyone and welcoming to one and all.
    Sam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    The Army base are next as Ft. Bragg is now Hillary Center, Ft. Hood becomes Obama Central...you get the picture. Can you imagine pink vehicles to show the world what America is now? Trained to not offend anyone and welcoming to one and all.
    Sam
    The Confederate commander Bragg, lost 7 of 8 battles. It should be argued he helped the Union win.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Sam
    do you know what a Pink Panther is ?

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    do you know what a Pink Panther is ?
    I doesn't sound good. Thankfully, I've lived a pretty sheltered life.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    I doesn't sound good. Thankfully, I've lived a pretty sheltered life.
    get your mind out the gutter,

and google it, include SAS in the search,

dogtag would get it

This makes me sick what is going on

7. Default Apparently, Lee was a rabid and vicious supporter of slavery-not a nice guy

States an article which seemed knowledgeable and fair. Said that most sources and articles white wash over his flaws ,what he did and the generally vicious way he went about it.

I have no knowledge of this other than the article , but am inclined to believe the article.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERX-M1 View Post
    States an article which seemed knowledgeable and fair. Said that most sources and articles white wash over his flaws ,what he did and the generally vicious way he went about it.

I have no knowledge of this other than the article , but am inclined to believe the article.
    you need to actually read some history and his own words

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERX-M1 View Post
    have no knowledge of this other than the article , but am inclined to believe the article.
    Since, as you say, you "have no knowledge of this other than the article," WHY would you be inclined to believe IT, & disregard the immense volume of contrary data? Are you aware that Lincoln asked LEE to lead the Union forces at the outbreak of the CW? Do you think Lincoln was partial to "vicious" men?

10. Default The Myth of the Kindly General Lee- The Atlantic -Adam Server-6-04-17

also: Robert E. Lee and Slavery- at History Net- Elizeabeth Brown Pryor.

also.........

Quite a few historians agree that Lee was solidly pro slavery and his personal and professional actions were reprehensible- now and even then.

Professionally, some called his actions treason. The country was split apart, and many, so very many men died or were terribly injured so that Lee and the South could enslave men, women and children.

If you like Lee, well,as you wish. But the Civil War was fought because of slavery. And Lee wanted slavery to remain an institution of the South.

The past is in the past. Repercussions reverberate today. Racism then, racism today.