Thread: ART and ART II

Blog Entries

Default ART and ART II

finally picked up a case for my ART II and decided to do a few photos,

ART I have had with the original case for almost 40 yrs,

the ART II I have had maybe 15, it was a bit of a basket case so IronSight did a refurb for me , and they do excellent work,
    (I had them leave the finish as is)

DSC06372.jpg

DSC06374.jpg

DSC06376.jpg

DSC06378.jpg

DSC06381.jpg

my M1A was built to 1968 match specs, (Dad had a class at Rock Island courtesy of Uncle Sam on the M14 and 1911) and I used his paperwork/notes (and him standing over my shoulder) to match prep the rifle, with M118 and the scope it does 3/4 MOA easily, maybe better if I practiced some,,,

have not shot the ARTII yet, I have another M1A but need to find the clip guide I have that was drilled and tapped for this mount,

one of those 'it's here somewhere' things,,,

You may find the clip guide hole won't line up on a rifle it wasn't set up with. I had one that was a little off, but it lined up perfectly on another rifle. Seems there is a lot of variation in receivers. Leatherwood made a replacement part with a floating sleeve so it could be adjusted on different receivers. This was a commercial part and the military did not use it. The military just tapped the standard clip guide for the rear screw. This allows the clip guide to still be used for it's intended purpose.

3. Default

Very nice setups, thanks for posting. The ART Concept, to me, beats mil-dots, etc., all hollow. Don't need a separate Rangefinding device, either - Frame the Target - AND SHOOT!! For regular usage, I would suggest the New M1000-Pro from Leatherwood Hi-Lux which has added an illuminated reticle, too. CC
    Colt, Glock and Remington factory trained LE Armorer
    LE Trained Firearms Instructor

Very nice.