Thread: Gunboards.com?

1. Default Gunboards.com?

Anyone have contact over there? Site's been down all day. Hacked by Antifa? Scared Canadian owners run away?

Their server is offline but the Luger forum is still up. Must be killing "Montana Bearbait" right now.

Blog Entries

still down this morning,

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AZshooter View Post
    Scared Canadian owners run away?
    I hope so--a different (I think) Canadian owner took over one of the two S&W boards & screwed it up royally! It, however, is still functioning, so they haven't all run away--too much money to be made selling garbage ads. What's the deal with Canadians buying out American gun-boards, not because they "love guns," but because they love advertising profits?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    I hope so--a different (I think) Canadian owner took over one of the two S&W boards & screwed it up royally! It, however, is still functioning, so they haven't all run away--too much money to be made selling garbage ads. What's the deal with Canadians buying out American gun-boards, not because they "love guns," but because they love advertising profits?
    marketing companies buying them for the ad revenue,

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    marketing companies buying them for the ad revenue,
    But most of these ads are for products so obnoxious that who would buy them? In fact, I NEVER buy any product advertised on TV if I can find a "generic" alternative, & almost always I can. I dropped out of the S&W board for several months, until I found out about ad-blocker software, which I'm still rather suspicious of, but have to take the risk of using.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    Their server is offline but the Luger forum is still up. Must be killing "Montana Bearbait" right now.
    Posts at the Luger Forum indicate it went down without warning, comes back up intermittently & everyone is clueless why.

Looks to be back up ... for now ... Everyone still clueless why.
    Last edited by AZshooter; 06-02-2020 at 08:50.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    But most of these ads are for products so obnoxious that who would buy them? In fact, I NEVER buy any product advertised on TV if I can find a "generic" alternative, & almost always I can. I dropped out of the S&W board for several months, until I found out about ad-blocker software, which I'm still rather suspicious of, but have to take the risk of using.
    a lot of the ad's you see are based on your browsing history, or the history of the folks using that site,

one forum that I and AZ frequent had a running joke about it before most of us went to an adblocker,

if one member looked at just about any item, then everyone's ad's would show something similar,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AZshooter View Post
    Posts at the Luger Forum indicate it went down without warning, comes back up intermittently & everyone is clueless why.

Looks to be back up ... for now ... Everyone still clueless why.
    it's back up now,