Default Weaver K4 Suddenly Won't Focus

Hi All,
    My Marlin .22rf carbine wears a rather old Weaver K4 with post/cross hair. It was sighted in and properly focused for my eyes. Suddenly the target is out of focus even though the reticle is clearly in focus!! "Google" has not been helpful. Any ideas besides sending it to Iron Sight? Wife and I deny rough handling/dropping the piece!

George in NH

Blog Entries

other than keep trying, and assuming you have,
    then either your eyesight has changed or something may have come loose inside,

ironsight does great work, had them redo several for me

3. Default

I love those old steel-tube Weavers, but I'll bet you can find the same one on ebay for less cost than a repair job, & you won't have to wait 6 mo. or more to get it.

Thank you Men!
    Something must have loosened inside as I noticed the reticle moving around as I looked through the ocular end while turning the eye piece. Hate to give up and on good equipment!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by George in NH View Post
    Thank you Men!
    Something must have loosened inside as I noticed the reticle moving around as I looked through the ocular end while turning the eye piece. Hate to give up and on good equipment!

Well, use Clintonhater's advice and look it up on ebay,

if the scope has good value, it may be work fixing,

the few I sent off I picked up in an estate for next to nothing cause I was told they had issues,

I sent them to Ironsight and sold them for way more than I had in them even with the repairs,

ebay, be sure to look at sold auctions, not what folks are asking

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by George in NH View Post
    Unscrew the eyepiece & see if you find why the reticle has come loose; you can't make it any worse. Just inside the tube you should see the reticle fastened to a ring held inside the tube with screws; maybe the screws are loose or the reticle wires broken. I repeat, you can't make it any worse, & you might be able to fix it yourself.