Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Import marked M1 carbine

What are the prices of import marked carbines in decent shape going for now?

Yes! Price! Enquiring minds want to know! Sincerely. bruce. :-)
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

There are a ton of variables involved in trying to determine the value of an imported M1 carbine. These are its condition, who was the manufacturer, what country was it imported from, how original/correct it is, working condition, etc. So without knowing more about this carbine, only a rough estimate can be made. I would guess a value between
    $ 600.00 and $ 1,500. In my opinion, most imported rifles are worth less

The average price for a decent Blue Sky import should be about the $800 range. Some others will be even more with small import stamps on them.
    The prices are mostly treading upwards as there are few on the horizon left to come in. The ones from Ethiopia are pretty much NOT worth what is being asked for them. Even their very best ones are over priced. Some looking like they were dragged behind the preverbal donkey and others run over by huge herds of goats and at least one or two sat on by an elephant.

5. Default

The Carbine in question is Bavarian Police marked. Inland make witha tiny import mark on the bottom of the barrel. Forgive me if this repeated.

Bavarian carbines are in a class all of their own simple because of their coming from Europe and their history. There are not many collectors of the Bavarian carbines but those that do seem to prefer a non import like the ones from CMP. Now how complete is this Inland? Are the marked parts matching or are they mismatched? Has it been updated with the last rebuild components? Are all the parts Inland marked? There are so many variables with these and all can affect the value. But the most important thing is over all condition, condition and condition. If it's be rebuilt and in excellent condition then it would be in the $1000 range BUT again the market for them is small. The less rebuilding the more the value.
    Last edited by Tuna; 06-01-2020 at 06:21.

Just read Reich's carbine book, again. He states import marked carbine tend to bring less than nonimport marked ones. Some importers wisely put their import marks on places where the wood hides them.

One importer, Blue Sky, tends to "over stamp" its mark on the barrel to cause a constriction in the barrel where stamped.
    Last edited by tmark; 06-01-2020 at 06:42.

Out of the many Blue Sky carbines I have seen including firing some, not one had any constrictions to the bore. Could it happen? Yes it could but I have not honestly found one yet. I really think this started when they were first imported by competitors of Blue Sky as they were wholesaling less then them. But what ever the reason they still shoot ok.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Out of the many Blue Sky carbines I have seen including firing some, not one had any constrictions to the bore. Could it happen? Yes it could but I have not honestly found one yet. I really think this started when they were first imported by competitors of Blue Sky as they were wholesaling less then them. But what ever the reason they still shoot ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmark View Post
    Just read Reich's carbine book, again. He states import marked carbine tend to bring less than nonimport marked ones. Some importers wisely put their import marks on places where the wood hides them.

One importer, Blue Sky, tends to "over stamp" its mark on the barrel to cause a constriction in the barrel where stamped.
    I rebarreled a few Carbines and many more M1's when the Blue Sky's were coming in,

only saw one (1) carbine that had been apparently stamped by a press, and the deformation was visible looking thru the barrel,

owner still shot it,

as far as import marks, they may be all over,

Samco imported a pile of them and marked the barrel on the bottom under the bayo lug

I've seen others stamped on the bottom behind the rear sight, on the sides, and even a few on the side of the recievers

10. Default

I was mistaken on the Carbine I just purchased today. The only German mark is a small eagle in the sling well. The import mark is on the side of the barrel. Not the bottom. EXEL GARDNER MA. I had to have another M1 Carbine to replace the one I sold off a few years ago.