1. Default 2 rebuilds at cmp garand forum;My unhappyComments re privilegedSo.Store

41 and 45 bbls, cmp wood, sa 65 etched, v nice.

I do like nice rebuilds. Luck of draw tho. Have seen a lot of bad stuff at North Store. That is, when they had anything to look at.

South Store has had detailed reports of all the super nice and different types of rifles for years , and years now.
    My opinion is that the armorers send most of the cream direct to the South Store, Lesser rifles off to mail order sales. I have never seen much that was exceptional at N. Store. Nice, cartouched rifles are pretty much an exclusive for S.Store. The exception was when there were so many Greek post wars with DAS that they were sent up North.

Years ago , n.store would get a shipment, and after being picked over, the many racks of trashy rifles would sit and sit. They would finally sell tho. The distant buyers would complain about how great the locals or near had it. Well, not always. Mail buyers did not have to contend with picked over rifles from a limited stock.Special sales as m44,40x,52D were nice despite the crowds of buyers. Management was "fair" tho so the So. Store got the same spcl sales deal. No. Store people are a bit unhappy, So. Store buyers lament the "lean times" that occur.
    Anniston will cut the stores off if they need product to go to mail order. Still, am glad I had opportunity to go and buy direct.

Blog Entries

I went to the North Store 3 times back in the heyday times (03/06/07)

piles and piles of ammo, lots and lots of firearms,

some good, some great, some crap ,

I visited the South Store in Feb 16, the day after they released a batch of Carbines (this was the old location, with the sign outside asking folks not to pee on the bushes,,,,)

they were practically bare, but that which was left was of the same mixture as I saw in the past,

some good,some not so,

I do know they do build up some stuff, was told that from the folks that work there while I was there,

and a lot of stuff they just clean up and make sure it functions,

overall they are great folks to deal with

I never could figure out the test firing thing when I got a few Garands with the barrels full of greek grease.

4. Default GO TO CMP Forums-The South Store-Read past weekly reports

Read the South Store weekly reports. Wonderful stuff has been available. These reports go back for years. Then read the North store sketchy reports and the discontent that is released occasionally.

Yes, the CMP folks are great. But management has made a conscious choice to favor the local South Store.

North Store has moved location at Camp Perry and now there is CoV2. It will be interesting to see if they stock North Store better now with the proximity to the air rifle range and facilities, also the firing ranges. Embarassing if they do not. I still expect to see the exceptional and best rifles to be skimmed off and moved to South Store before they might be shipped off to mail order .This is my opinion. Perhaps, it does not matter much. The foreign mil-surp supply is about gone and the supply for cmp dwindles as well.

Again, I am glad I was able to participate in going to Camp Perry, buying there and also with mail order How it was run was up to CMP, they have done a grand job, and their employees are top rate. The shooting world is fortunate to have CMP.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERX-M1 View Post
    Read the South Store weekly reports. Wonderful stuff has been available. These reports go back for years. Then read the North store sketchy reports and the discontent that is released occasionally.

Yes, the CMP folks are great. But management has made a conscious choice to favor the local South Store.

North Store has moved location at Camp Perry and now there is CoV2. It will be interesting to see if they stock North Store better now with the proximity to the air rifle range and facilities, also the firing ranges. Embarassing if they do not. I still expect to see the exceptional and best rifles to be skimmed off and moved to South Store before they might be shipped off to mail order .This is my opinion. Perhaps, it does not matter much. The foreign mil-surp supply is about gone and the supply for cmp dwindles as well.

Again, I am glad I was able to participate in going to Camp Perry, buying there and also with mail order How it was run was up to CMP, they have done a grand job, and their employees are top rate. The shooting world is fortunate to have CMP.

I wonder what the foot traffic is at both stores?

as in is there 1-2-5x's as many folks in one vs the other

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERX-M1 View Post
    I still expect to see the exceptional and best rifles to be skimmed off and moved to South Store before they might be shipped off to mail order .This is my opinion.
    I thought all of the inventory was stored and prepped near the South Store.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gwp View Post
    I thought all of the inventory was stored and prepped near the South Store.
    it is,

Anniston is the storage Depot

2019 Nationals Camp Perry. Poorest selection and fewest Garands EVER at the North Store. Having attended every Nationals since 1995 (rifle week) I can attest to my previous sentence. All this in the face of THOUSANDS of Garands that had come into CMP hands well before
    Perry. Somebody drop the ball? Oh well, it's not my rodeo. I met CMP people before there was a CMP. They are the best!!