Thread: UHT Milk

Default UHT Milk

Back when the "panic" started I picked up two containers of this milk so that I would have something to put in my coffee. The container said to chill before opening so I did. I tried some this morning and it has an odd taste similar to some dried milk that I have tried in the past. I stay away from other artificial creamers due to the chemical additives in them. I have in my larder powdered milk and buttermilk that I use for baking, any suggestions?
    Sam

UHT? Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Throw it away! If I remember right it has been hit with radiation so it will have longer shelf life without refrigeration.
    M1a1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!

Maybe Evaporated Milk or Nestle NIDO Fortificada Dry Whole Milk.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    UHT? Sincerely. bruce.
    Ultra High heat to prolong shelf life.
    Sam

UHT? Is it as hot as the sun? Milk is for babies. I drank milk everyday of my life for 65 yrs. The Dr. told me to cut it out so i quit the next day. Never miss it.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

we have a few jugs where we drained a bit off the top and put it in the deep freeze. It thaws out a little different but it is still milk and it hasn't spoiled. For something like coffee or cereal it makes little difference and is far better than nothing.
    Last edited by togor; 05-26-2020 at 07:01.

8. Default Freeze milk before it ages

Milk that is in fridge for a week or two may not freeze as well as very fresh. It may get flaky or thicker but still edible. I freeze all the time, occasionally the above prob.,but not often.

The proper word for above condition is flocculent.
    Last edited by SUPERX-M1; 05-27-2020 at 04:18.