Default How many folks see a car they once owned in this short film?

For me it was the 56 Ford, first car I ever owned, straight 6 , 3 on the tree and would beat all the 283's and 289's in the 1/4 mile. And the back seat was big enough.

https://youtu.be/V9iV1r7Jj5I

KTK

1966 GTO 389 4 speed, miss that car. Rust eventualy got it. Thanks for posting.

I go back a mite further . . . .

My first was a 1937 Chevy (with knee action front-end) . . .then, almost immediately followed by an extremely scarce (thanks to WW2) 1942 Mercury convertible.

'55 Chevy with 348/3 deuces, T 10 4-speed, '64 Buick bucket seats.
    M1a1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kj47 View Post
    1966 GTO 389 4 speed, miss that car. Rust eventualy got it. Thanks for posting.
    Exact same car, with one carb. I had to replace the engine and put station wagon springs in the back. And honkin tires like in the clip. I was in south Texas and it was rusted to pieces. If it rained and I hit the brakes all the water in the trunk came up over the hump, ran under both seats and it was like being on the beach when it ran up under the pedals! I got ten tickets in one year. It finally got stolen which saved me a lot of money in tickets but I was shocked to find out how valuable they got.
    Here's a little blast from the past: There was a reverb unit in the trunk hooked up to the speakers. It literally had a spring that rattled around to make the reverb sound. I bet that goofy thing might be worth some money today. Or may fifteen years ago. We went on a road trip and I remember playing a lot of Grand Funk on the 8 track. There were only a couple of songs that I liked and it was a chore changing tracks all the time. I liked Mean Mistreater; I liked the bluesy stuff.
    Last edited by dryheat; 05-27-2020 at 01:41. Reason: memories
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

My first really fast car was a 1968 426 Hemi Plymouth Roadrunner standard transmission my brother in law still has the car i sold it he kept it original and in a garage 22,000 original miles on it

All I've ever owned is trucks. Nothing there of mine. Nice cars tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in NH View Post
    All I've ever owned is trucks. Nothing there of mine. Nice cars tho.
    I bought a 54 Chevy, the son has it mostly restored, neat truck, a real change over year. Grill went from the bars to a bow tie, bed rails flat rather than sloped, 1 piece wrap around window to list a couple of the changes from the past 6 years, later in 55 they changed entirely but they carried the 54 into half of 55 and called it the "First Series".

Both the 56 Ford and the 54 truck were/are Canadian models and a little different from the American.

KTK

57 Ford Skyliner. Hard top that went in the trunk. Got it in 69 when I got out of the Army. 66 Impala, 396 with a four speed floor shift, but my favorite by far was the 53 Studebaker Commander. Wish I had it back.

10. Default

It was like a trip down memory lane especially the cruising part. Personally owned 55-57 Chevys, 61-64 Impala's, '32 Ford roadster, 65-68 Mustangs, 59 Olds convert and many, many more. I remember in the early 60s 50.00 would get you a nice driver. Own 5 Model As now all original, don't have to worry about Barney trying to give me a ticket for speeding.