Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Easy does it. This forum has always been about sharing information and educating those of us who ask for help.

Quote Originally Posted by leecork View Post
    I don't know much about 1903 rifles, but I do know more about 1903-A3s. I recently purchased a very nice looking Springfield 1903. I think it is mostly original. The serial number is 1218xxx (1921 manufactured) and the barrel appears to be original (dated 2 - 21). The rifle is in beautiful shape with what appears to be original parkerization. I am trying to find out what the original stock cartouches should be. I get confused in reading through the internet information. Some articles claim that it should be a blocked SA FAL. Some claim that all rebuilt rifles have a circled P proof mark. Some say that original 1903s do not have a proofed P. Some talk about an eagle head cartouche.

Can you guys help me out with my request for info. Thanks, Lee
    The correct inspection stamp for your 1921 rifle will be any one of the following:

W.J.S.
    W.E.S.
    D.A.L.

each enclosed in a rectangle. I also cannot rule out the possibility of an "E.H.D." enclosed in a rectangle.

Stay safe!

J.B.
    Last edited by John Beard; 05-24-2020 at 04:11.

Thanks for the info and assistance , Mr. Beard. I, myself, am fairly knowledgeable about M1 Garands and M1 carbines. Of course living in Port Clinton, Ohio home of the CMP and Standard Products helps. If you ever need info regarding these rifles, feel free to contact me.