1. Default Why Arabs Lose Wars. An amazing article. Worth reading for insights.

Go to: https://dev.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars

The Arab culture and military is dysfunctional as seen thru usa eyes.

Above thread address will work now. I forgot to put in the https:// part

Just a bit of the revelations are: Officers despise the enlisted, the enlisted fear and do not trust their officers, NO information is shared,betrayal is the norm,.......
    Last edited by SUPERX-M1; 05-23-2020 at 01:40.

2. Default

Link won't highlight.

I always figured the reason the Arabs are so dysfunctional is ecumenicalism is a foreign concept to them, both in religious as well as other types of thought.
    Last edited by barretcreek; 05-23-2020 at 11:20.

In a word, they are primitive. They are fighting the last war. Again and again. If we want to help, good,but keep an eye on them(and keep them out of this country). Which we fail at; see the latest folly at the airforce school.
    I guess if you want to keep bees you can expect to get stung once in a while.

https://news.usni.org/2020/02/26/nav...acola-shooting
    Last edited by dryheat; 05-24-2020 at 01:48.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

"Israeli generals underestimated the Egyptian army of 1973 based on Egypt's hapless performance in the 1967 war."

Egypt won the '73 War. They achieved their strategic objective of regaining the Sinai.

Their victory was due to Sa'ad El Shazli's assessment of Egypt's strengths and weaknesses -- much of which was based on culture. For example, Egypt is a class-based society. Able men from the lower classes could not be promoted. El Shazli put talented lower class men in authority by appointing them to specific positions -- a lower class man could not be a lieutenant, but he could be appointed to lead a platoon.

The Egyptian Air Force could not compete with the Israelis. El Shazli got the Russians to give them thousands of anti-aircraft missiles.

Egypt was short of mechanically skilled men. El Shazli put them all in Air Defense and stripped other services bare. Then he got the Russians to give Egypt a double ration of tanks and trucks. When a vehicle broke down, the Egyptians couldn't fix it -- so they just used another one.

El Shazli transformed the Egyptian armed forces.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    Egypt won the '73 War. They achieved their strategic objective of regaining the Sinai.
    But ever since Obama the coward let our reliable ally Mubarak go down without a fight, even praised the rioters, Sinai has been under the control of terrorists, who use it as a hide-out for launching attacks against Egyptian Christians & foreign tourists. Surprised the bastard wasn't handed another Nobel for this nice piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    But ever since Obama the coward let our reliable ally Mubarak go down without a fight, even praised the rioters, Sinai has been under the control of terrorists, who use it as a hide-out for launching attacks against Egyptian Christians & foreign tourists. Surprised the bastard wasn't handed another Nobel for this nice piece of work.
    Obama had the reverse Midas touch -- everything he touched turned to xxxx.

I am reminded of James Lee Burke's definition of an ideolog -- "someone who believes with religious fervor in an idea concocted by an idiot."

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    Obama had the reverse Midas touch -- everything he touched turned to xxxx.
    Egypt was just a warm-up: the SOB's best work was done in Libya, an orderly stable dictatorship, turned by him & NATO (always eager to attack the weak) into a new terrorist-sanctuary.

Obama sat there and fiddled while Christianity was destroyed in the Middle East.