Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    Gunbroker, completed auctions, and look at those only with bids,

mags, one sold recently for $246

there are many listings for 1922's and the prices are all over the place (based on condition etc)
    Thank You for your time and consideration. Visited GB without success. Will research further and more in
    depth.
    Respectfully,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Thank You for your time and consideration. Visited GB without success. Will research further and more in
    depth.
    Respectfully,
    click completed items

play with your search terms,

Springfield M2
    springfield m1922
    springfield 22

you should get all those that were completed in the past 90 days ,

if it has 0 bids, then it did not sell at that price,

Blog Entries

I collect the 1922 Series Springfields. Nearly all the issue type have been through one or more rebuilds. I would say
    less than 5% of these escaped rebuild. Many, probably most, of those listed on the internet auctions are incorrectly
    described as to originality of parts and finish. An issue type, parkerized finish, that shows evidence of wear but
    not rusty or too dinged up will sell in the $1,000.00 to $1,250.00 price range. The DCM Sales Variation, (Rust blued finish
    and heavier stock without grasping grooves) Sell in the $1,500.00 to $3,000.00 range. I bought a nice Sales Variation 1922M1
    earlier this year for $1,860.00 using the buy it now option. An original Model of 1922 complete with the long magazine
    sold recently on an internet auction for just over $3,000.00. These are real world sales prices, not pie in the sky minimum
    bid prices on items that never get a bid.

I prefer the Sales Variation due to the beautiful blue finish. These are most often found with original blue as they were sold as
    new items to private citizens or military officers. It seems that the
    Issue types are more in demand due to the people who collect Training Rifles.

Original magazines for the 1922 will bring $500.00. I have paid that much for one just to have it as a spare. 1922M1 and M2 magazines
    go for $75.00 to $125.00 with super clean one bringing up to $150.00. The M2 magazine will have M2 stamped on the upper left side.
    They are slightly longer than the 1922M1 magazines.

FWIW
    Last edited by Herschel; 12-24-2020 at 06:58.

4. Default

Should go without saying, but any magazine will work in any rifle, as long as you have the correct bolt. As Herschel said, the M2 magazine is just a little longer. This is to extend into the underside of the M2 bolt which has just a little deeper relief cut. This was done to address feed problems with the earlier 1922 and 1922M1 rifles. So either the extended 1922 magazine or the shorter M1 mags will work with double firing pin 1922’s and both early and late 1922M1’s. While uncommon to have headspace problems you should check this with a headspace gauge. Like the rimmed 30/40 Krag all you need is the NO GO gauge. An empty cartridge will work for the GO gauge.

From my research of M1922M1s on line, the "LONG RIFLE CART'GE ONLY" warning first appears on 10-26 dated barrels.

Art

PS. - Headspace on the 1922s was set at 0.042".
    Last edited by artd; 01-09-2021 at 04:56.

Quote Originally Posted by artd View Post
    From my research of M1922M1s on line, the "LONG RIFLE CART'GE ONLY" warning first appears on 10-26 dated barrels. . . . .
    I hope Herschel weighs in on this, but . . . .

I believe the “long rifle cart’ge only” inscription appears ONLY on the guns of “issue” configuration, as ORIGINALLY made.

The “sales” version does NOT have it.

Am I correct Herschel?

7. Default

Both rifles are marked the same. Thanks artd for the 10/26 data.

Blog Entries

I agree with Kragrifle. The sales variation also has the marking.

Quote Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
    I agree with Kragrifle. The sales variation also has the marking.
    That’s interesting, Herschel, as my 1926-dated M1 “sales” version has NO caliber marking . . . .

Musta’ slipped thru??

Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    That’s interesting, Herschel, as my 1926-dated M1 “sales” version has NO caliber marking . . . .

Musta’ slipped thru??
    What is the barrel date on your rifle? Again, it appears that the marking did not appear until 10-26.

Art