Default Royal tiger imports

Folkes, I bit the bullet and ordered one, standard price.
    Boy, does it ever look as if it were "rode hard and put up wet."
    Ratty sling, only tied at front, dingy stock....oh, and there is a crack
    at the op rod handle at that base.
    I appears to have been welded there and smoothed out long ago.
    Luck of the draw, marked "postal meter"
    I will attempt photos one day.

Sounds like yours was tied to the tail of a camel and dragged through deserts and the mountains of Ethiopia. Start with warm water and soap. Slowly work on a section of the stock at a time. Let it dry. Then do it again if need be to rid it of all camel dung. If it's still not clean the you can move to a stronger cleaner including something like but not limited to Formby's furniture stripper. It will remove just about all that is wrong with the stock. Again a little bit at a time. Once finished then a coating of RAW linseed oil again a small area at a time rubbing it in. Once done let it sit for a couple of days and if need be then add some more. The stock will finally come back to life. It seems that no matter what grade you get the stocks all need help. Some really nice carbines have been coming from RTI but the prices have been high.
    Last edited by Tuna; 05-13-2020 at 12:44.

Agree that there were some select ones that people got which were pretty interesting. Some people just didn't know how to order to get a good one thinking the unissued to excellent condition was worth the extra money. You can do better and have no import stamping elsewhere. There were some with good value but for the most part, no. An early featured one was what you wanted for the best value. The history is interesting on these though.

and the stock is pretty "spacey", like extra room along the sides.
    any one got an extra stock?

Oh it sounds like it needs a transfusion of raw linseed oil. Like find a vat fill it and warm it up then dunk the stock. I might have a stock. I will check for you.