Default Bolt supply replenished.

Now that Bula Defense Systems has all their different bolt headspace sizes back in inventory, I was able to replace the ones used in the last few months of rifle assembly.
    This is my shop bolt inventory. All 7 Bula sizes and the rest are an assortment of reclaimed USGI.

2. Default

Please enlighten my ignorance. Bula makes different size bolts for headspacing M1As? Is this because of chrome lined barrels?

Please explain, I am trying to learn, not criticize.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonbound View Post
    Please enlighten my ignorance. Bula makes different size bolts for headspacing M1As? Is this because of chrome lined barrels?

Please explain, I am trying to learn, not criticize.
    Yes. They have been doing this for a few years now. Most USGI Chrome lined barrels were difficult to impossible to headspace properly with commercial receivers. Bula has made it possible to attain a decent headspace with Chrome lined or even some take off barrels that had previously been reamed to a different receiver. I bought my first armorer's kit from them about 6 years ago. There are a lot of barrels that can be used for something other than tomato stakes using the correct bolt.

4. Default

Thanks very much. If I buy a barrel from Bula, can I buy a bolt that will headspace to it? Would I have to send them my receiver, or do they match up bolt and barrel with a stock receiver?

As you can tell, I'm new to the M14 world.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonbound View Post
    Thanks very much. If I buy a barrel from Bula, can I buy a bolt that will headspace to it? Would I have to send them my receiver, or do they match up bolt and barrel with a stock receiver?

As you can tell, I'm new to the M14 world.
    Some good news, Bula no longer makes chrome lined barrels. What you would get now is a barrel that is short spaced and you would simple ream to your bolt, receiver to headspace.

6. Default

Thanks!