Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    Funny thing is, if one or two classes outside the norm alters someone forever...they were extremely sheltered. Why is that the university's fault? Clearly the parents have messed up along the way.
    Why would you say only one or two? Even a class as far from political considerations as calculus would not be a welcoming place for a kid daring enough to wear a MAGA cap. And the vast majority of parents are products of the same left-wing indoctrination that begins in elementary school. Parents with strong enough character & control over their kids to counterbalance the public school indoctrination probably have their kids in a private school, if they can possibly afford it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    Why would you say only one or two? Even a class as far from political considerations as calculus would not be a welcoming place for a kid daring enough to wear a MAGA cap. And the vast majority of parents are products of the same left-wing indoctrination that begins in elementary school. Parents with strong enough character & control over their kids to counterbalance the public school indoctrination probably have their kids in a private school, if they can possibly afford it.
    How many college's do you have out on? Why stop at a MAGA hat? Go in fully strapped and ready to rock I say.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Blog Entries

Funny thing is, if one or two classes outside the norm alters someone forever...they were extremely sheltered. Why is that the university's fault? Clearly the parents have messed up along the way.
    my mother thinks college ruined me , re religion,,,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    my mother thinks college ruined me , re religion,,,
    Plenty of churches in an around campuses that I have attended in my life...as liberal as they could be in Clintonhater's nightmares.

I'd say you found your sense of community and moral compass without the need of it...which frees up your Sunday mornings. More time = Happier Life.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Blog Entries

Plenty of churches in an around campuses that I have attended in my life...as liberal as they could be in Clintonhater's nightmares.

I'd say you found your sense of community and moral compass without the need of it...which frees up your Sunday mornings. More time = Happier Life.
    true,

that and working retail thus working most sundays,

funny thing is, VCU had a Baptist Student Union on one corner, and the Gay Student Alliance occupied the building on the other corner,

gave me a chuckle,,, (VCU is a very diverse school, in a very diverse area of town) that they were next to each other

6. Default

Maybe this is that reset button Hillary likes so much. The college professors that get layed off can take those shovel ready jobs I've heard about.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pillot View Post
    Maybe this is that reset button Hillary likes so much. The college professors that get layed off can take those shovel ready jobs I've heard about.
    Could this be the reset button for society as a whole? How close to the ceiling are we? Many of the "Perfessors" that I had never did anything out of school and their theories that they loved to expound on. I can only think of three that had/held outside jobs, the rest had gone from graduate school to teaching.
    Sam